lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2019, 01:07 PM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller troubleshooting-voltage irregularities

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Did you use the troubleshooting guide in the Manual from the Stickies? There is an "If Then Else" for every step.

Chapter E, page E-8.

Technician's service and repair manual electric carts
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblerings View Post
Thanks Yurtle and JohnnyB,
Yes, used one of those stickies links. Very helpful. Having fun with this. Yes on the local companies too, motor arrived fast and tech was helpful.
JonnyB, think I gonna keep it simple. I’ll check the wire gauges but just going to be driving it around the flat yard for gardening help so no need for fancy controller. Guess I’ll just go stock unless you guys think the higher amp one is better.
You never really answered whether you followed the troubleshooting all the way through, using link above?

Having failed step #23, you have to follow the "Else" to completion. Did you do that? I couldn't tell whether you answered me or not.

Just sayin' your controller may not be shot.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #12
Bubblerings
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

hmm... lot to think about. In other words when driving around the yard - full speed and pedal down would be easier on the system? If so only one of two drivers has to change their ways, my wife.

Ok, here's where I'm at; upgraded controller installed. It moved forward.yay. It did not move backward. Took out the F/n/R switch again. Already buffed and tightened all the wires and thought maybe I arranged it off kilter when re-installing. While making sure I got it right I kind of thought the click in one of the switches was less clicky. I'll order a new micro switch just for kicks. Dumb question but is the reverse micro the one closest to the cart's body?
But wait, there's more. While driving forward the throttle is very jumpy. Kind of goes but then rockets if you put the pedal down a bit.
Bubblerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There are two MSs on the FNR. One clicks when moving from F to N, then again when moving from N to R. The other only clicks on R. Both are very obviously shown on the wiring diagram and are even color coded.

Do you not have a handheld DMM (DVM)? Going by "more clicky than the other" is a little less than ideal when troubleshooting, unless you like randomly replacing stuff until it works.

A quick glance at the wiring diagram tells you that the reverse MS is NOT necessary. All it does is send a 1/2 speed signal to the controller and powers the backup beeper. It's called MS4.

MS2 turns the cart off or Neutral any time it's not in F or R. It's MS2.

Or you could just hook up a laptop and see why it's not working, since you upgraded it.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accelerates, controller, voltage irregularity
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO