lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 lifted ezgo GOOD DEAL?

still can't hurt to ask.... I am sure if he is fixing them up he must have access to batteries. The cart sounds like a really good deal, just check it over good on the underside for signs of rust, pay special attention to the point where the "firewall" meets the floorpan. Usually carts from a golf course will have had fertilizer kicked up into this area for 3 years solid and if the course didn't clean it regularly, it would cause rusting in that area.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Forgot to ask....is a PDS more desireable over a Series model. What's the difference?
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

on a lifted cart I prefer a series model because they seems to handle the increased Torque demands better.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #14
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
on a lifted cart I prefer a series model because they seems to handle the increased Torque demands better.
Good to know! I've spent a good deal reading tonight on this forum. Great stuff here. One concern I have after reading is indeed the increased torque demand. The gentleman I spoke with who is selling this cart said they were 36volt models. He stated something to the effect that these models were not computer driven like the 48 volt versions and that was a plus to not overheat the systems. He also mentioned the upgraded wiring on his units helped with that problem. Makes sense?? I had no idea how much fun this could be tricking these out. I'm gonna need a bigger paycheck.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Just want to make sure that NOT having a computer to control this 36 volt model make sense. Seller explained that it was better than using the 48 volt system and less likely to overheat the componets with a lifted larger tire model with back seats for total of 4 pax.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Good Luck!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Good Luck!

HMMM...that does not seem like the reassuring good luck
Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #18
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

LOL, both 36v carts and 48v carts are controlled by electronic controller. In the type of carts you are looking at.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #19
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
LOL, both 36v carts and 48v carts are controlled by electronic controller. In the type of carts you are looking at.

AHAAA..So factory equipped models like the one i'm looking at have controllers for both 36 and 48 volt systems. Is the controller or lack of 1 what the seller could be refering to as "computer controlled" or is there some other type of computer in these units. I think I have seen some post where people talk about changing a chip for more speed/torque. Does that chip go into controllers. Sorry for the newb questions but I do not yet understand the anatomy of these carts yet and what makes them different.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #20
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by noserider View Post
AHAAA..So factory equipped models like the one i'm looking at have controllers for both 36 and 48 volt systems. Is the controller or lack of 1 what the seller could be refering to as "computer controlled" or is there some other type of computer in these units. I think I have seen some post where people talk about changing a chip for more speed/torque. Does that chip go into controllers. Sorry for the newb questions but I do not yet understand the anatomy of these carts yet and what makes them different.
The cart the seller is selling has a controller in it, it is a 36v system. The pics the seller is showing a series cart not a PDS model.

A series cart has a forward reverse handle by your knee when you are driving.

A PDS model has a Fnr rocker switch on the dash, with a toggle switch on top of the controller box which is located under the passenger side seat.

Changing a chip is for the PDS type carts, they come equipped with different chips depending on how they were ordered.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO