lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor or Rear end??????

New haven!? I went to high school in westport

Sorry I can't help you.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
GThomp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I went to North Haven Scotty. I bit the bullet and went with the 8144s mainly because i couldn't find a dealer that carried Trojan 105s. Installed them and same thing took motor out and doesnt look good. The spline gear the connects motor to rear end looks worn. The male end on the rear end. Now I need a parts and brake down manual. Anyone have one I can download.
GThomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The manual is not online that I know of.... Here is the exploded view from mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT Elec Diff Exploded.JPG (57.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg TXT Elec Diff Part #s pg2.JPG (91.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg TXT Elec Diff Part #s.JPG (123.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
GThomp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty, thanks for that, it's going to help a ton. My folder growing by the day for this cart. Now the question is the part I think I'm looking at is #59 "bumper,spline????" and where should I order it? though ezgo????
Old 07-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #15
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wait... I thought you said the input shaft was bad? The spline bumper is just a small rubber piece that fills the gap between the input shaft and the end of the motor coupler.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #16
GThomp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, you're right rabbit. The more that I look at the diagram it looks to be 5,9,16 oboy this is going to be fun. I'm wondering am I going to be able to do this without dropping out the whole rear end????? Next time when someone says "Do you want this golf cart it only may need some batteries and the charger not working" I'm going to think twice, and still I'll probably take it.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can put the whole cart on jack stands and then with a floor jack under the diff, remove the rear shackle pins and lower the differential slowly taking care not to damage any motor cables... this will help with access.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #18
GThomp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess its time to make some room in the garage. I'll tell the wife that I'm cleaning it out.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #19
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Take the old input shaft out before ordering the new one... they made 2 different models a 21 tooth one and a 22 tooth one. Make sure you order the correct one if you are replacing it.

you can actually change the input shaft without removing the rear from the cart, but if you want to do a detailed job, I would suggest pulling the motor (believe it or not you can pull the motor and set it in the bag well of the cart without removing the wires from it) and taking the rear end out from under the cart. As Scotty said, support it on jackstands and just pull the entire rear suspension.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #20
GThomp
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That's what I did Rabbit. Got the input shaft out this afternoon, and had some time to surf the net to find the part, and yes it was a 19-21 shaft. The big thing is now is that I dry fit the the parts together and they felt pretty tight but I'm sure with the torque it will slip Now with the rear out of it I look at it and say "This thing needs to be lifted" but right now I just need to get it running before the wife says bring it to the dump.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO