lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #11
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO year and model

ok, I am an E-Z-GO trained tech and I can tell you that properly maintained and operated the DCS is an excellent cart.... note the word PROPERLY in that statement....

one of the first things you should get for that cart is a voltage meter from ScottyB at CartsUnlimited and install it. DCS carts are very picky about having proper voltage... run the cart with low voltage and you will blow the controller.

Also, NEVER switch from one direction to the other while the cart is still in motion, that will cause the resistor/diode to blow.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
mistermnkim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok my cart has the run tow switch under the seat, AND It has the forward/reverse lever by my right knee? everywhere I have looked they say a regan cart has the r/f switch on the dash and a series has it by your right knee?! Im just a little confused.....
mistermnkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
rib33024

yes a series cart and a DCS cart have the shiftier by your knee, but if you lift the seat you will see , on the DCS cart the back side of the shiftier looks like a silver dish and it has a tow/run switch on the controller, and the back side of a series shiftier, will have a rod that runs to the passenger side of the cart to the F/R switch mounted next to the controller, and a series cart does NOT have a ( tow/run ) switch on the controller

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #14
mistermnkim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok got it!! Thanks
mistermnkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO