lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
mistermnkim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear end input shaft

Not a LARGE hole just enough to get a small punch in, would work fine. But I understand your concern lol
mistermnkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #32
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermnkim View Post
Not a LARGE hole just enough to get a small punch in, would work fine. But I understand your concern lol
How many have you done this to get the input shaft out??? and have you had any problems with it?? we would like to know
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #33
mistermnkim
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have done none like this but I have talked to several people about it when I had the input shaft problem like he has and they all agreed it should work, I agree its risky but I think it would do fine, I had to slow myself down and remember our carts for the most part are used leisurely meaning (in my mind lol) that the stress at the drilled hole would be minimum at best. That was the only concerm I has that it would crack at the hole? anyways just an idea that I was gonna use and will use if I every cant get the shaft out.
mistermnkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #34
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

you may be able to drill(you would be guessing as to the right location) then when all is done, tap it with a fine thread correct size tap. then get the matching sized allen head set screw, coat with red loctite. think that would work, but only if you need to save the shaft. otherwise, weld and tug.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #35
go EZ
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

RIB, It isn't really messed up. Just a couple of galls on the splines and I stopped and tapped the female hub on to straighten things up. I hear you on the 'yank it out and get another one' though. I P__ away more $ driving down the road on a Saturday afternoon than one costs, so I should do just as you say, but I am so hard headed and cheap that I can't believe I can't get it out after everyone says that it should slide out like a baby calf.
This is an experiment on a junker cart and I am trying to see just how cheap I can do it. I don't want to spoil the surprise I want to unveil on you guys, and I know the current sentiment is that an electric cart should not be considered for a gas conversion, but I have an idea that I have been working on with $5 here and there from places like SurplusCenter.com, etc. OK, here is the deal and you can probably figure it out from here...I need to weld to the power input splined shaft and don't want to smoke the bearing/seal.
go EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO