lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #31
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Input shaft leaks oil into motor

I have never heard of that one. Can you upload a photo of it?
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #32
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Mine is leaking as well and has for a couple years now. Just enough to collect dirt but not run down the axle and drip. Will this cause motor damage if not fixed?
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
jonequest
Gone Wild

Yes eventually.
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #34
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to dig up an old thread here, but I'm going down this path and have a few questions.

My cart is a 1997 TXT Series. I'm changing the motor out to a D&D, and when I removed the stock motor, I found that the input shaft seal is leaking a little (and then found this thread). So, I figure change the input shaft O-ring and the while there the input shaft bearings. Need parts...

Doing a little more digging I found a manual posted for a 1988 - 1995 Dana Axle, but it looks like the that axle continued unchanged for quite a while, so it seems like it covers the 1997. Out of that manual, I got the part number for the seal kit (24627-G1). The supplier's site says 1988 up. Bearings are 23519-G1 and 23520-G1 Again these are listed as 1988 and up (along with lots of others). Sound good so far?

Now a couple of questions:

1) This thread has some stuff about an additional, retrofit seal from EZGo. Anybody have experience with it? Is it worth chasing? Anyone have a part number?

2) I can't find in the manual anything about lubrication in the trans. Is it lubed by the 10oz of 30w sitting in the diff cover?

3) Anything else I should look at since I'm here? I have the batts and motor out, as well as the back seat off. I will be putting heavier springs on...
KY Gun Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #35
15clubs
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

30 wt in the differential, you can only put in so much and it will run out.
If the seal isnt leaking dont mess with it, I changed the O ring and bearing and tried to seal it several times but it still kept leaking. I made a washer and sealed in between the snap ring and bearing it helped a bit.
I think the differential case gets a tiny bit warped from the heavy hanging on it and bouncing up and down.
15clubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO