lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Extra battery for Accessories??

If you decide to get a converter when you're running off the whole pack you'll never notice a difference. And as far as a voltage drop you'll never notice it.

If you go with an extra 12 V battery you just have to have a way to charge it. I think it all depends on how much extra you going to put on it if you have lights and a radio and say maybe a horn you might be better with a converter it doesn't have to be the hundred plus dollar one. There are some nice units out there that are under hundred dollars and there's no forgetting about charging the extra battery. Good luck with whatever you decide......
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the compliment on the cart ......it's not done.....probably won't be until I sell it Your right on "yet".......there is always something to do or an accessory to add

Like erict said you will have to charge the aux battery separate. We use ours quite a bit and you can easily get by with charging it once a week. Not a big deal to me at all.

If your not planning to use the accessories much buying a cheaper converter may be the way to go, but if you think you will increase the accessories and use I would go with an auxiliary battery now.

All depends on your needs now and the future.

Good luck!
RI
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #13
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for all of the questions .
I have decided to go with the battery route, but want to know a little more about what specs of batteries to look for from people who have done it. What type of amp hours should I look to get?
Just looking for the smallest battery to mount under the dash since I use this for golfing too.
Thanks again
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Grinch
Getting Wild

Club Car

The converter link posted was for a 10A converter. If my math and memory is correct that will run out of juice at 120 watts. Typical headlights are about 30-35 watts, tail lights are 21-27, brake lamps another 21-27, turn signals about 15. Any sparkies out there able to confirm this? It's quite possible to exceed the typical 10 amps with just lights. Has anyone ever tried to run two of these in parallel? would that even work go get you 20 amps? I know it would be simpler to just buy a bigger converter but what about the cart owner who is adding electronics and exceeds the rating on the converter?
Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinds6 View Post
Thanks for the replies, and sorry for all of the questions .
I have decided to go with the battery route, but want to know a little more about what specs of batteries to look for from people who have done it. What type of amp hours should I look to get?
Just looking for the smallest battery to mount under the dash since I use this for golfing too.
Thanks again
I think some have used the sealed batteries that are used in scooters or gel cell batteries. Since it's in the dash I would make sure it's a sealed battery.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #16
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

ya I was thinking the same thing Grinch, thats why I have decided to go with the extra battery. Seems as though I can add alot more things and not have to worry so much about running out of power. Just need to know what specs of a battery to get...
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post #15^^^^^^
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Grind,

I used the biggest deep cell and most amps (115 amp hrs) I could find, but I wasn't limited on space. I know somebody on here used an Optima battery that they got to fit in the dash by taking the tray out of the middle section of the dash. Here's the link.

I also got an 8 gang fuse block from ebay for like $15 and ran all my accessories to that. Made it a very clean install.

Good luck!
RI
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
Under-Dog
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to make a frame and put my battery up under the body somewhere just going to use a small lawn and garden tractor type battery small so could put it any where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Under-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Under-Dog View Post
I'm going to make a frame and put my battery up under the body somewhere just going to use a small lawn and garden tractor type battery small so could put it any where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
your not gonna be happy with a small tractor battery..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car