lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: More power out of 87 DS?

Mind me asking what all you did with yours and ball park done cost? Trying to decide if its realllllyyyy worth it.. All I know is im enjoying the 36v more than my gas precedent. I love the quietness!
murderedc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Im thinking since im at a stand still right now waiting for wheels and radio console along with abunch of little stuff... May go to like a automotive stereo shop or something and get 4ga wire they use for amplifiers and redo all the wiring... Might be able to do it cheaper that way and just make it myself rather than ordering the wires.

Also how would you wire up 12v accessories to the 36v setup??

Still waiting on the wheels...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
mdlott
Not Yet Wild

Murdered, yours appears to be a Vglide, whereas mine is a 5 solenoid setup w/ microswitches. ScottyB posts here often, and can help you decide the best way to convert to Solid State. This involves a potentiometer with conversion kit to adapt to your throttle pedal, a new controller and heavy duty solenoid. (Appx $700, I'm told) Based on what I have learned here, you should NOT try to convert a Vglide setup as the Vglide cannot handle 48 volts and may weld itself into a WOT situation. Dangerous. My cart does not have the Vglide, but 5 microswitches instead. I've got just a little time on it now, so it may or may not last in its current configuration.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I saw your build thread. Looking good! Here is what I did to my cart:
Motor $500
Controller $500
Charger $300
Solid state potentiometer conversion $200
Solenoid $100
FNR $100

All rough numbers. But total was about $1700. I ended up making my own wires but that still cost $100. Scotty sends out a good wiring diagram - make sure you get one on the solenoid also.

I am only powering lights on my cart right now, so I just run them on 16 volts (two 8v batteries in parallel).
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

hmmmm alright im glad I posted pictures!! Im just new to the whole electric thing... I've grown up with gas carts, dirtbikes, atv's, cars, scooters everything. this is the first electric thing ive ever owned so its all new.

Hopefully theres an alternative somewhere, but I have time to figure it out. Gotta wait for a few more paychecks.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #26
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkernan View Post
All rough numbers. But total was about $1700. I ended up making my own wires but that still cost $100. Scotty sends out a good wiring diagram - make sure you get one on the solenoid also.
Thanks!

Are you talking about the frayed wire on the f/w switch??

I plan on re running ALLLLL of them. I've decided, thats what ill work on this week.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I wasn't referring to anything on yours in particular. Just part of my upgrades. Best to buy welding wire if you redo your cables. It has a very high strand count and is more pliable.

Scotty sells a wire kit also that is a good one.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #28
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ill be sure to shoot him a PM later
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car