lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
NKYShane
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 Electric Club Car Takes Off

I just got this cart and don't know anything about electric carts, so trying to figure it out. I've went through checking the wiring, it all looks good. But no matter whether the key is on or off, as soon as you turn the lever to forward or reverse, the cart takes off. Any suggestions where to start?
NKYShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 Electric Club Car Takes Off

yeah your solenoid is stuck in the on position......if its a 5 solenoid cart its the furthest left one on drivers side the other 4 are speeds.......try rapping the master see if that does anything if not you need to replace it........36 volt golfcart solenoid................good luck enjoy it and have fun but yes take care of that problem..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
NKYShane
Not Yet Wild

Shadowman. You was completely correct. I tapped on the solenoid and it was fine. Thank you very much. After doing what you said, i was able to take it for a ride right away. Short distance cause the batteries were low. I charged them completely, but didn't last long. I'm gonna have to replace the batteries, but happy I got to atleast ride it today. Thanks. I want to research changing to 12 volt batteries and save some money. Farther down the road
NKYShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

your quite welcome....whatever you do you have to stay with golfcart batteries.................not as cheap as deep cycles but if you cut corners with your batteries your not gonna be happy and you,ll be buying batteries every 2 years so whatever you decide just make sure they are golfcart batteries..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car