lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Cgregg2010
Not Yet Wild

Default Can you rebuild motor

I am a newbie to this forum and was hoping for some help with my most recent purchase. I have a 1984 club car that has a bad motor. I am no expert but think maybe brushes are shot. Anyways does anyone know if you these motors can be rebuilt? How do i tell what type of motor i need if i buy a new one? Can anyone recomend a good place to buy a good motor. Thanks for all help with this one.
Cgregg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Can you rebuild motor

you should be able to rebuild it or replace brushes if needed...........anyplace that does elec. motors.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have one I pulled out of an 85 model I can sell you. 100 bucks plus shipping if interested.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can send that motor out to Plum Quick for rebuild and gain 2-3 mph
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Cgregg2010
Not Yet Wild

I was wrong on my year it is a 1991 Serial numbr starts with A91 will your motor fit it ok?
?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

How do you know the motor is bad?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Cgregg2010
Not Yet Wild

i guess i dont know for sure i purchased frm a coworker and he said that the motor was bad becasue it runs real slow. the batteries were shot so i just got the cart from him and i am wanting to get running. also the charger recepticle had gotten hot and melted a couple of the wires that that connect to it so i am looking for a new receptacle can any of you help me?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The motor will be a series motor. You need to test the motor first, you said yourself it has bad batteries, that itself will cause it to be slow.

Heres how to test the motor.

http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.p...troller_series
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
mkernan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Cgregg, I am not sure. I would put new batteries in first and test yours. I have some numbers stamped on the motor I can get you, and pictures of the motor if yours checks out bad.
mkernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgregg2010 View Post
i guess i dont know for sure i purchased frm a coworker and he said that the motor was bad becasue it runs real slow. the batteries were shot so i just got the cart from him and i am wanting to get running. also the charger recepticle had gotten hot and melted a couple of the wires that that connect to it so i am looking for a new receptacle can any of you help me?
ok yes you need to start from scratch and the 1st thing is get any cables or wires that your not sure of replaied/replaced.............than a good set of batteries to start testing........these motors are almost bullet proof so theres a real good chance you might find something else wrong before the motor........there are diagrams up in the stickings to help you with wiring and proper way to put cables on batteries...............so lets get that far 1st.......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car