lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High torque motor options

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
Specially since the motor is barley a year old. Not good PR for them.
Well that's the way I understood them. They told me that if the motor was burnt up it wasn't any good for a core. So I figured it wasn't worth anything, but junk. I didn't want to go back with that same motor anyway, even if they could have rebuilt it. I need a motor with a lot more pulling power.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
Well that's the way I understood them. They told me that if the motor was burnt up it wasn't any good for a core. So I figured it wasn't worth anything, but junk. I didn't want to go back with that same motor anyway, even if they could have rebuilt it. I need a motor with a lot more pulling power.
Just makes me wonder if it was the motor being your problem the whole time, I would just be sure like everyone lse said check and recheck the new one
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm going to do a better job on checking for over heating. PQ also said they didn't recommend tire size over 22" for my type of cart, being a shunt motor. Which I have 23" tires. I'm not putting PQ down by any means, I just thought I was asking to much out of the purple motor.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
i send motors to my motor shop at least 1 a week ( ac motors ) and for the most part it is the windings that melt and have to have new wire wound around the fields.

not sure if they can rewind the commutator on a dc motor though. But how can they say lost cause without even looking at the motor....not good PQ relations if you are representing what they actually mean.

why don't you just give them a chance to examine and possible recondition for torque
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForBruce View Post
i send motors to my motor shop at least 1 a week ( ac motors ) and for the most part it is the windings that melt and have to have new wire wound around the fields.

not sure if they can rewind the commutator on a dc motor though. But how can they say lost cause without even looking at the motor....not good PQ relations if you are representing what they actually mean.

why don't you just give them a chance to examine and possible recondition for torque
Hey FB these AC motors your sending back 1 a week, are they pulling 400 to 500 amps when they burn up ???
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #26
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm not worried about rebuilding my burnt up motor. I figured PQ knows what there talking about when it comes to rebuilding a motor. The way I look at it, the bandit is a little more than a stock motor. I wanted to change anyway, it just so happen to burn up before I got to. By burning up it just speed the process up.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here is program recommendation. PQ recommends that all sepex controllers have the Regen and the Turbo turned off for their motors. This is especially important with the Alltrax controls but, it's also necessary for the FSIP or GE controls.
I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
(where are you TahoeDawg) can chime in on this specific item, but my limited experience on this would say this should not be the source of your cooked motor.
I'm here... learning. I have zero experience with aftermarket controllers so my opinion would be just that, an opinion.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #29
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Idk if having a 500 amp controller at 100% is more than that motor can take.
When i ordered my Bandit motor from PQ Robby wanted to know what controller i was going to use i told him a Alltrax 500 he told me not to set my controller @ 100% and to make sure i left the turbo off.
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Hey FB these AC motors your sending back 1 a week, are they pulling 400 to 500 amps when they burn up ???
no not 400 amps.... but it's all relative. a motor geared for 400 amps with have considerable heaver windings than a motor pulling only 30 amps LOCKED ROTOR.

the windings of EITHER size motors act like fuses and just melt. the point is what other material in the motor is subject to the intense heat moments before the "MELT" occurs.

replacing winds on the "commutator" that might be a lot of impossibility.... but in either case....if it was me I would send back just for evaluation and maybe some form of credit to a hi-torque motor
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car