lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Default 93 Club car ..Dead!!

93 Club car...36 volts...Used the cart on Wednesday...no problems...When to run it today ..Dead...Volt Meter shows 2 volts DC.....plugged up the charger...noithing..charger will not turn on...

Where do start???
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 93 Club car ..Dead!!

batteries cables......digital volt meter take voltage reading from each battery to make sure of voltage......check water and add if needed ( distilled ) load test batteries and check all cables.............check charger fuse on top of charge receptical on cart under seat................start here and post findings...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #3
ecctech
Not Yet Wild

yes check all battery terminals, clean if needed. next if there was a drain and the batteries went that low, you will have to either jump from another cart of same voltage, ie 36v. with jumper cables just to have the charger notice there is a set of batteries there. or charge each battery with 6v or 8v charger which ever you have.
ecctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

UPDATE....
Each battery was terrible..down to a volt....and most disturbing was the lack of water in the cells...Lord I just filled and did a SG test Christmas week.....where did the water go??? It's been run only a dozen times for 5 minutes since.
Filled up the batteries with distilled water and let the system sit 24 hours, now the system is up to 23 volts....and it accepted the charger...been running 10 hours ..started off at 37 on the meter now down to 15.... When completed I will run it wide open for 10 minutes and then charge again......
Would this now be a good case for a de-sulfinator (sp-?)..

-Bill
Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the water was below the plates, you can pretty much guarantee new batteries in your near future
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #6
ecctech
Not Yet Wild

bye the time you buy one, you might as well just bought a new set of batts. unless you know someone with one. my luck is not been very good with one. just keep doing what your doing for a few weeks, it may recover, i have seen a few come back up but put a hurt on life span.
ecctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

no the plates were under water in all cases....
Will have to keep a close eye on the system.....and keep the batteries up to snuff!!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you have to check them at least monthly..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
you have to check them at least monthly..............................
I have what I call Water Wensdays...

I check the water in the batteries every other Wensday when I'm not constantly using the cart and every Wensday when I am. I got in the habbit when I was maintaning the carts where I used to work and got back into it when I got one of my own. 9 times out of 10 I don't need to do more than top them off (if that), but I also know they aren't running out of water that way either.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

I got lucky .. the charge topped off at 39-40.5, volts...ran the cart for three miles and the voltage came right back to 36 volts .... will check the water then recharge...
Batteries came form "The Battery Source", a chain type store..$80.00 each ..now entering their 4th year in use..!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car