lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
klownin_03
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 98 club car 48 volt picking it up monday

I found a Guy selling his 98 club car new battery's last year its a 48 volt cart only used it for golf no mods. What should I look for? Are there certain things that are good or bad for this year? I am planing on making a hunting cart out if it. 6" a arm lift 22-25" tires not sure on size yet. Fee years from now maybe upgrade the controller and motor. Also does $850 sound like a good price? This is my first cart and I have a 8 year old son that hints with me I just want to make sure that I get something that's gonna work for us. Please let me know any thoghts. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to become part of the carting world.
klownin_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 98 club car 48 volt picking it up monday

I'm new to the golf cart world, so take my opinion with that in mind.

I bought my first cart last weekend, a 1995 DS. I was looking for a cart for the same use as you and came across this one. It has already been upgraded with a lot of what you want to add, rear flip seat, lift, tires, windshield and headlights. The batteries in mine are new this month so I put some credit in those. In all, I think I got a fair deal for what carts are going for in my area. I paid $3400.

Just a reference point for you to see. Look at the cost of all the upgrades you plan and see where it comes in. If I could have found what you're looking at for less than $1000 I would have bought it and made it similar to what I bought.

Tim
TimOub007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
Jimbo2012
Gone Wild

the money is in the batteries, look at the date codes on them if they are newer as you say buy it.
Jimbo2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
klownin_03
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

[QUOTE=TimOub007;716475]I'm new to the golf cart world, so take my opinion with that in mind.

I bought my first cart last weekend, a 1995 DS. I was looking for a cart for the same use as you and came across this one. It has already been upgraded with a lot of what you want to add, rear flip seat, lift, tires, windshield and headlights. The batteries in mine are new this month so I put some credit in those. In all, I think I got a fair deal for what carts are going for in my area. I paid $3400.

Just a reference point for you to see. Look at the cost of all the upgrades you plan and see where it comes in. If I could have found what you're looking at for less than $1000 I would have bought it and made it similar to what I bought.

Tim[/
tires motor and new contoller
Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
klownin_03
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks man that does help. I am trying to build this cart for under 2500. I plan to build most of the stuff myself like the brush guards, roll cage, winch mount, maybe even the lift. So the real money will go into tires, rims and motor/controller

Tags
what to look for?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car