lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
bphemi
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Roof radio in a precedent

I am changing my radio install from in the dash to the roof in a housing so I can add done more speakers. My question is for you guys that have put radios on the roof, where did you run your wires? I want the as out of sight as possible. I have a battery in my dash that I will be getting power from. Also going to probably put an amp in the system so I will be running +, -, rca plugs, remote wire and a second set of rca plugs for a mp3 plug mounted in the dash. Just tring to get ideas of what other people done. Thanks
bphemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
screamin chicken
Getting Wild

Default Re: Roof radio in a precedent

I made a custom enclosesure for my roof, I now have it all in my dash, it makes the top more heavy and you wont be able to play cd's, I have a elite dash it is clean and looks great. but if you want it on the roof i ran all my wires through supports that mount the top to the body, its not fun.....but it will had all your wire, just drill a hole on the top and bottom and have fun....
screamin chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
aauman
Getting Wild

Club Car

Mine is in my roof and I ran my wires through the roof supports.All power and RCA's through it but you can use high level converter< uses the rear speaker wires as input, but you can still have rears hooked up. Dont need RCA's for mp3. Get RCA to 3.5mm adapter and then just have small 3.5mm audio cable.

very tough job getting in supports but it is possible to get nice clean look if you think it out good. There is only 3" of visible wire on each side on mine. Comes out the side of the support and straight into roof console

Also have no problem with added weight or not being able to play cd's.
aauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
bphemi
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks fire all the info. I guess I will be working on it this weekend.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
bphemi
Getting Wild

Club Car

Was able to get the wires put in the support this weekend. Getting everything finished up. Added a fuse block and ground block. Also ran all the wires in case I decide to hook up an amp. Added a air horn also.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

How does the radio work in the roof? I was told from a parts place that they receommended against the roof thing because of the bouncing of the roof.
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
bphemi
Getting Wild

Club Car

Doesn't seem to be an issue but have not used it other than just to make sure it worked.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car