lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default HELP,what Ezgo TXT do i have?

I just got a refurbished TXT, not sure of the year model. I thought it was a series cart but it may be a PDS. the f&r switch is dash mounted , it has a Curtis controller with several white plastic harness plugs on it and a White- Rogers solenoid mounted above the controller that has 48volt on the label.Its a 36 volt system, there is a single white wire coming from the end of the motor.The guy i bought it from said everything is new and the motor has been rewound to increase power,with 18" tires my GPS says 17-18 mph.There is a tow/run switch mounted on the black plastic controller cover which has been cut in half, i'm not sure why they cut the cover.I didnt know there were different kinds of TXT carts so i never asked the guy what model it is. Can anyone tell me what i have so i know what upgrade parts I'll need when i get ready to lift it and install bigger tires?
stellix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HELP,what Ezgo TXT do i have?

All Dash Mounted F&R Ezgo are PDS Drive .
The controller cover may have been cut for more cooling air? Unfortunately the curtis with many plugs in the 'face' is not meant to be exposed. So be careful around water in particular.
Not sure why it would have a 48v solenoid on a 36v cart. It may work okay but then again it may tend to drop out under heavy load if the pack drops too much? Hard to say for sure on that one. Sounds like a nice cart though
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info.Should i make a cover for the contoller? what about the speed, isnt 17 mph to fast for a stock motor? i have been trying to decide on tire size,can i do 22" tires without any other upgrades.i have read about a "chip" does this type controller have different settings so i can controller speed or torque? sorry to ask so many questions but this is my first Ezgo. I'm going to use it around the yard and at my hunting camp, but its mostly flat farmland .
Old 06-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I just figured out where the extra speed is coming from, its got the red freedom jumper in it. If i go with bigger tires can i just take the red chip out and leave it all terrain mode to get back the torque lost from the increase in tire size?
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you sure it's 36v? Those six batteries could be 8v cells.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

im sure, its has 6 6 volt batteries and the digital meter on the dash says 36 volt
Old 06-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellix View Post
I just figured out where the extra speed is coming from, its got the red freedom jumper in it. If i go with bigger tires can i just take the red chip out and leave it all terrain mode to get back the torque lost from the increase in tire size?
Yes, You can go back to All terrain mode + 13mph plus 2-3 more from the 22" tires should be a good speed for ranch or farm use PLUS you will get the regenerative braking and roll away protection back. Torque will be the same in any mode... there isn't all that much in a stock 300a system. The best upgrade for this cart is a controller/solenoid pkg and some bigger cables. You will love it.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks,which controller & solenoid do you recomend.is there anything else that must be changed?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Go here and scroll sown to EZGO PDS carts Package #808 > http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

You should upgrade all the cables to 4g minimum as well.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What about upgrading to 48 volts? i can get a 48 volt charger , what else would i need? is there a big increase in torque going to 48 volts vs. upgrading 36 volts with a 400 amp contoller?what about run time ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO