lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default New cart discounts

Hi

What is the general discount on new Club Cars (elect). Or remanufactured?

Thanks

Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: New cart discounts

Discount?? Thought it was up to dealer and negotiation skills...
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Re: New cart discounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnorb View Post
Discount?? Thought it was up to dealer and negotiation skills...

That is what they want you to think. Like car dealerships they know the bottomline but will try to get as much as possible because the more they
get the higher commission they get.

The art of the sale is to make a sale and have the buyer believe that he
got a great deal!

Did you ever hear a person who bought a car ever say anything but he got a great deal?

You can negotiate all you want but the dealership is going to make their markup, they are running a business and a business must make money.

Keep in mind that they are pro's because they do it all the time where you
might buy a car once every three yrs.

Getting back to discounts on carts l'm sure nobody pays the list price and there might be a straight 10% discount and a 20% discount on accessories.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingman View Post
That is what they want you to think. Like car dealerships they know the bottomline but will try to get as much as possible because the more they
get the higher commission they get.

The art of the sale is to make a sale and have the buyer believe that he
got a great deal!

Did you ever hear a person who bought a car ever say anything but he got a great deal?

You can negotiate all you want but the dealership is going to make their markup, they are running a business and a business must make money.

Keep in mind that they are pro's because they do it all the time where you
might buy a car once every three yrs.

Getting back to discounts on carts l'm sure nobody pays the list price and there might be a straight 10% discount and a 20% discount on accessories.
Thanks
That will always depend on the dealer and what the market will bear in any particular area. Speaking with 22yrs auto dealership experience..
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Chopped top Caddy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Being in the car buisness, if you feel like you got a great deal...then you did...let's face it, car dealers, or golf cart dealers, are not non profit, although they don't have to make an annual salary on one person, I'm not sure what the markup is on a new golf cart, but there's not nearly as much markup as the average person thinks on a new car, from my experience, I would tell the dealer what your budget is, and see if he/she has anything to fit the budget you desire, if he/she gives you a price, and you make him a reasonable counter offer, and he let's you walk, chances are, he's given you his best price.
Chopped top Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #6
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped top Caddy View Post
Being in the car buisness, if you feel like you got a great deal...then you did...let's face it, car dealers, or golf cart dealers, are not non profit, although they don't have to make an annual salary on one person, I'm not sure what the markup is on a new golf cart, but there's not nearly as much markup as the average person thinks on a new car, from my experience, I would tell the dealer what your budget is, and see if he/she has anything to fit the budget you desire, if he/she gives you a price, and you make him a reasonable counter offer, and he let's you walk, chances are, he's given you his best price.
Letting walk isn't always their best price.......from experience they have called me 3 days later to make the deal I wanted.....Had to tell them to bad since I bought the vehicle from another lot that didn't jerk me around.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:51 AM   #7
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89GatorClub View Post
Letting walk isn't always their best price.......from experience they have called me 3 days later to make the deal I wanted.....Had to tell them to bad since I bought the vehicle from another lot that didn't jerk me around.
That's what's up! America is great! The land of opportunity. I've been down this road once or twice myself. When I bought my zero turn, local dealer wouldn't pull a new one out of the crate for 2 weeks in a row. Bought one for 700 bucks more from an out of town dealer, but it was a nicer model with a suspension seat and a 2 horsepower bigger motor. Great deal and friendly dealer. The other guy calls me up the next day and says he got that mower together if I want to come pick it up. I had to tell him if you snooze you lose.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

Right now l contacted a new cart dealer and spoke to a salesperson letting him know that l will be moving down to his area by the end of August and will
be interested in buying a remanufactured CC Precedent 4.

I am not looking for the deal of the century but looking for a cart that is
In prisTine condition.

I will pay the price but if he plays any kind of games l will walk. This will
Also be the place that l will have my cart serviced and must have at least a yr
warranty on everything including the batteries.

If the price is close to a new cart, then l will buy a new cart.

Thanks

Alan
Old 07-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #9
Kingman
Gone Wild

Hi

I have just found a CC dealer with a posted price in Farmingdale, NJ.

It reads 2011 left over. $400 discount??

Does this sound right?

Thanks

Alan
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car