lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 PM   #11
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Got to be a noobie mistake. Its beeping!

OK success.

I was convinced it was wired correctly and instead of finding out what part was bad I just started installing the entire kit. I dropped in the new controller and boom the wheels are a spinning! I guess I hurt the old controller or something while installing the FR switch.

I should have no problem doing the solenoid tomorrow and be ready to pull the race car by Wed.

thx
RockDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

OK getting really close so Scotty if you read this I know your know the answer as it sounds like something we talked about on the phone.

Beside 50/50 guessing on the diode direction (how do I get another one?) Cart looks good. I give it a tiny little gas and (on jack stands) it goes pretty good. I give it more than a hair more and it stops with a single red flash which is:

1 Red = Throttle Position Sensor Over Range. Check for open wires

do we have it configured for the wrong pedal setup or is there some other common issue. I can do it over and over, let off the pedal to where its barley pushed and it goes green and starts running again.

Thx
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #13
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

Oh and power up I get 1 green flash which looks like its setup for
1 Green LED flash = 0-5 kohm resistive
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

OK I'm totally out of control with just diving in so I downloaded the controls software and I'm all connected and accessing it. I can see when I monitor that it thinks I'm at 100% throttle with about 1/2 inch movement of the pedal. Then it thinks I'm way out of range or whatever and stops. Figure all I need is someone to tell me what throttle setting to try next and I'll give it a shot. It looks like its on the 0-5k if I remember correctly. Send one on the list under the Yamaha.

Thx
Old 07-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

Hey this forum is awesome for self help. lol The more I talked about it the cover I got to the solution. Put a meter on the pedal and it looks good so the only thing I can think of is crossed up wires from it. Even though I still looked correct color wise when I swamped them on the controller the car is now acting totally normal.

Gonna button it up now but its raining so not sure about a ride yet. :)
Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most people would have called But it looks like you have bumped your way through the install without damaging the new control?
Did you look at the 8-10 pages of info I send with a typical upgrade kit? There is a sheet on there which makes it unmistakably clear on how the diode goes and all the other wiring too. There is a controller program print out that shows how the controller is programmed too? At least there should have been ... no need to mess with the programming. I program each one to the customer's needs, this way I know how it is set up when you call for help.... anyway. It's all good, right?

Anyway, glad to see you figured it out.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
RockDaddy
Not Yet Wild

Well I'm close so I may call ya. I have everything but reverse. I get 3 flashing red that leads me to some ITS adjustment but I'm not really getting it. If I key off and on again I have forward but reverse get the error. I'm inside not doing a searching on the subject.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:27 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I wish I knew what your name was so I could help. Send me a PM or an email... just no smoke signals
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO