lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
reno1
Not Yet Wild

Angry 2000 txt standard series will not run

Hey Guys,
My grand kids were over for the 4th and were using my cart. They parked the cart and that was all she wrote. It will not do anything now! The key switch (3 position) turns the lights on but the voltage sensor does not show battery power and nothing else works. I have checked all fuses and recharged the batteries. I pulled the switch panel out and I have 12 volts to the switch and the voltage meter has 37.5 volts to it but dosen't register. There is no voltage on the green or blue wire on the switch, should there be? the green wire on the switch also powers the voltage sensor I think. The cart does not move and the solinoid makes no sound. I have spent hours tracing and checking the wiring for faults and I can't find any. Help

Mike
reno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2000 txt standard series will not run

Try the reed jumper and let us know.

Take the black cover off of FnR(follow the rod where your lever goes under the seat to put cart in gear). After cover is removed look at the microswitch closest to the battery pack and remove red wire. Run a jumper from that spade to your main battery pack Positive. If cart runs you can just make a wire and use just like that as reed switch is just safety to make sure you can't move cart with charger plugged in...but remember it now will run so keep that in mind.
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
reno1
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, This is to the first battery in the 36 volt pack?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
reno1
Not Yet Wild

Camaroluvz28, That was the bad circuit! by removing the red jumper that goes to the charge port and then adding a new jumper to the positive side of the 36 volt pack solved the problem. Thanks so much, Reno1

Ps, what is there in that charge port that would malfunction?
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I've opened up a reed switch before, and it's just a small glass magnetic reed switch encapsulated in plastic. The glass can break and cause the contacts to fail to close.

What some folks do is to loop the charger plug through the steering wheel, to remind folks to unplug before driving.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry it took so long to get back to yeah...glad that solved your problem...yes that is a reed switch which is basically a safety function preventing cart from running while charger is plugged in...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO