lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
jrongeyofLA
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt to 48 volt conversion pics

I am about to upgrade my cart from 36 to 48 volt and was looking for some pictures of previous upgrades. I've seen them on here before but I cannot find what applies to my cart. I have an 07 EZ GO TXT series cart. I just replaced cables, upgraded my F/R switch and motor controller. Any pics of work would be great. I've even seen some people move their controller to above the motor behind the seat. Would you recommend?

The other question I have is 6 8 volt batteries or 8 6 volts?
I've read differing opinions but was wondering what your experiences have been.

Thanks,
Josh R
jrongeyofLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
TGJR
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36 volt to 48 volt conversion pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrongeyofLA View Post

The other question I have is 6 8 volt batteries or 8 6 volts?
I've read differing opinions but was wondering what your experiences have been.

Thanks,
Josh R
Six 8v batteries would obviously be more convenient (and cheaper) than working in eight batteries into the cart. But eight 6v will give you more run time. It really depends on how you use your cart. I opted for eight 6v batteries for my hunting cart because I wanted to maximize as much run time as possible since I would be covering a lot of uneven terrain with the possibility of not getting to charge each night. However, a buddy at the camp has six 8v batteries in his cart and run time doesn't seem to be an issue with him when riding to and from the stands with a little bit of cruising around each day.

If I just needed an around-the-house cart or something to cruise around the neighborhood then I probably would have gone with six 8v batteries.
TGJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

8/6v pack more amperage but they weigh in like a small passenger on board all the time

You will get longer run times but they won't fit under the seat without some major remodel... move the controller and modify the f&R to fit the battery on the passenger side.
Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5155web.jpg (79.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-question.html

This started out as a question, but ended up having a few photos of the fun I had trying to copy ScottyB's build above.

Not for the faint of heart, but I have tons of run time and a free bagwell.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO