lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #11
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Quick HD leaf spring pack build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
It was always to my understanding that you shouldn't drill or weld a tempered leaf spring,
won't the main leaf crack or break at one of the new holes under a load? or is there something I don't know?
Thanks for having a look and your input. Because there is so much meat all the way around the 3/16" hole there will be no cracking, especially since it is doubled up at that point!

Thanks again.
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #12
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
You could have made keepers with 2 hose clamps covering a peice of innertube at each end. Have done this on boat trailers before.
Certainly a a functional way of doing it, no question about that!

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here it is installed, worked out very well, we were really happy with the ride as well.

With the added leaf it gave the rear end a .5" lift and it was much stiffer. Worked perfectly for this application!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1924[1].JPG (1.18 MB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1925[1].JPG (916.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I work for a Spring-Shop(Thru-Way Spring.Look us up),we build 80% of our inventory from raw spring-steel and build custom springs.By bolting the leaves,you are going to cause stress at that point.When the springs flex,they grow/shrink,but they also deflect.By bolting them,you are limiting that movement(I know you slotted them).A better way would be to use pads on the springs to prevent squeaking(RI-250)they press in and are very durable.Then if you want to clamp the springs,use Klincher-Klips(they wrap around the spring like factory-ones).In the completed shot,it looks as if the shackles are swung way back,is this a stock set-up?Usually,you would want them vertical or just tilted a little,as they will swing rearward when the suspension compresses.The guy that taught me has done spring-work since 72',Hes' good and I work next to him every day.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
I work for a Spring-Shop(Thru-Way Spring.Look us up),we build 80% of our inventory from raw spring-steel and build custom springs.By bolting the leaves,you are going to cause stress at that point.When the springs flex,they grow/shrink,but they also deflect.By bolting them,you are limiting that movement(I know you slotted them).A better way would be to use pads on the springs to prevent squeaking(RI-250)they press in and are very durable.Then if you want to clamp the springs,use Klincher-Klips(they wrap around the spring like factory-ones).In the completed shot,it looks as if the shackles are swung way back,is this a stock set-up?Usually,you would want them vertical or just tilted a little,as they will swing rearward when the suspension compresses.The guy that taught me has done spring-work since 72',Hes' good and I work next to him every day.Hope this helps.
Hey appreciate your input. The rear shackles are stock and at the stock angle. We pulled the front bolts out of the leafs and found them to be stressed, so we actually removed them and the leads stay tight and don't make any noise. So we decided to leave those out. The rear ones were perfect, we believe that is due to the movement of the shackles. Working great. So your advice is certainly valid! Lol

Thanks again
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car