lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #21
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 48V no run/charge issues. kind of lengthy.

i have no idea how to do that. but if thats next in line for troubleshooting, i guess im gonna have to learn haha
CCllcAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Take all wires loose from motor. Make sure batteries are unhooked and tow switch in TOW. Check for continuity between A1 to A2, and F1 to F2. You want it in both places but not from any A to any F or from any post to motor case.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

just checked continuity on the motor, nothing shows continuity between posts and the casing of the motor, and i see continuity between the F1 and F2, but nothing between the A posts. what would that mean? better yet, on what Ohm setting should i be on, and what numbers should i be finding.

i was told to try to swap out this black box that connects to the gas pedal with a new one, cant remember the name of the box at the moment. MCOR controller input thing? would that play any role in what it is(nt) doing?

and again, thanks for helping walk me through this Tahoe, you're leading me through the dark with this cart haha
Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...es-not-go.html

after doing another search for MCOR to see what all is involved, i see that you were helping this dude with a somewhat similar issue, yet his charger still worked.

im about to do some of the troubleshooting you posted in that thread to see if it can get me anywhere.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

I still think you did damage to the motor posts, they are actually very delicate and you can damage them just by over tightening the terminals.

BTW, have you checked your battery pack voltage? Maybe it is so low or have a bad battery that is prohibiting charging? Do you have another charger to try to see if perhaps the charger is bad?

I would try to eliminate all systems except the motor so I would test the positive motor wires with the red from the voltmeter and put the black to B- on the controller and then mash the go pedal in forward and reverse to see if the motor was getting power and if it was then I think its a motor problem. If you are not getting power then I would do the same at the controller terminals (if power then perhaps the dropped motor damged one or more of the wires from the controller to the motor), if no power there make sure the solenoid is working by placing red from voltmeter to small post on solenoid on the controller side and press go pedal and you should see amps going up.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

unsure of damage to posts. nothing seems loose, i checked the isolaters to make sure nothing was broken, and showed no continuity between any posts to the casing of the motor.

battery pack voltage is very good. batteries are all good. charger is good, and have tried other known good chargers on the cart with no luck.

the test you explain in the third paragraph is the same thing i just did, which seems to confirm that its the OBC. keep in mind, i already installed a new controller to eliminate that from the equation, had the same results. solenoid is good.

after putting positive from the meter to the positive terminal on the solenoid, with negative going to B- on controller, showing voltage, (according to the thread i posted, Tahoe stated) the OBC is the problem. should have another one here on wednesday. i hope.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #27
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

** other issue though **

when testing the solenoid, checking small terminals for voltage, i got nothing from one post, and like 20. from the other. maybe im not testing correctly for voltage? but the positive to B- definitely showed voltage when the positive to yellow did not.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #28
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCllcAaron View Post
** other issue though **

when testing the solenoid, checking small terminals for voltage, i got nothing from one post, and like 20. from the other. maybe im not testing correctly for voltage? but the positive to B- definitely showed voltage when the positive to yellow did not.
The small solenoid terminal that goes to the small plugins on the controller is the side that will activate when the pedal is depressed. So hook up red wire of voltmeter to the small terminal on solenoid that goes to the controller and black to B- on controller and step on pedal and see if you get any readings.

If you get readings, then also check the wire that attaches to the controller, sometimes they go bad. You can pull the plug in wire off the controller and put red on that, black on B- and step on pedal and you should get readings.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #29
CCllcAaron
Not Yet Wild

replaced the OBC, was able to charge the battery pack. still wont run with new OBC. put reman'd controller in, still wont run. solenoid is clicking. still wont go, just got another cart in thats doing the same thing, dont know where else to go as far as troubleshooting microswitches and whatnot.

i know with the gas club cars, you have to test for power from the solenoid to the accelerator m/s, then to the f/r m/s, then to the key.

is there a similar step-by-step process to troubleshoot these electric carts?
Old 09-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #30
lmswest
Gone Wild

I'm more of a fab guy than diagnostic guy but if the wires caught that heavy motor I think there is a good chance you broke a wire inside the wire insulation. I would check continuity of all wires involved from one end to the next.. it could be broken and still look ok
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car