lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #71
nutsehc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st Club Car Build

Not really sure, I have been using them to keep the wild animals at bay. I am told they have other uses, but according to the people that I play with I have not utilized them in that fashion yet.
nutsehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #72
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

Nice work. Night and day from start to finish.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #73
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsehc View Post
txbonds, Being that it is aluminum, it was mors involved than I had hoped. I first washed it with dish soap and water for the mud and grease, I then wiped it down and kept it wet for 15-20 minutes with full strength vinegar to acid etch it. ( not really sure how effective that was) I then wiped it down with acetone and let it dry. after it was dry, I used an automotive etching primer (nasty stuff, use respirator) and then used black rustoleum paint. Still scratches much more easily that I had hoped, I think the better option would be to anodize or powder coat it for longevity. Might have to do that when summer arrives.
You should have sanded it with like a 220 grit. Gives the paint something to stick to.. same with chrome.
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car