lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
medets
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 1992 36V Club Car Dead Where to start troubleshooting!

I posted earlier with the wrong information. I have a 1992 (SN= A92523136 rest is covered) I assume it is a 92 by the serial number. It won't do anything. It worked sporadically but now dead. It is used at a car dealership to shuttle customers. My mechanic is willing to look at it and I have downloaded schematics and diagrams but where do we start. I used to work on a 48V system but I have discovered the 36V isn't as easy? Where do I start testing and with what do I test. What are the loads to know if it is a solenoid, micro switch, V-Drive etc. It has 6 brand new batteries in it. When you push the peddle nothing-- no click etc. If you put it in reverse no buzzer (do not know how long that has been out) Any advice would be appreciated. I am in Slidell, LA and cannot find a local repair shop and the ones that will work on it are 2-3 hrs away. Plus I am cheap.
medets is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 36V Club Car Dead Where to start troubleshooting!

Is it a resistor speed control drive system?
Check the F&R micro switch (MS) and then the solenoid activation circuit. if not activating the solenoid then check V-glide MS, that should find the trouble.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hey medets

I grew up in Slidell. Out in the woods on Pine Street, many many years ago.
Now I am transplanted in the desert of california. I went back after Katrina, and couldn't find my old house, there was a fema trailor there instead.

Scotty will take care of you, he is old as dirt
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
medets
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smokey--- It is still the Dirty Dell... I know you miss the food and that is about it.. Oh and Olde Towne! I promise it hasn't changed at all... I am actually looking to move to Mandeville or NOLA! I can't take it here much more!
medets is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car