lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
bpj280
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default conversion pds to series?

What would have to be changed to go from ezgo txt with pds system to a series system. It is a hunting cart with lift and 22 inch tires. I was already going to upgrade cart with torque motor and 500 amp controller and hd solenoid with 2 ga. wires. I figured maybe not much more to go with series instead.
bpj280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: conversion pds to series?

You will need to change to a fnr switch by your legs, different controller, different type motor. This would be the time to also go to 48v if you were ever thinking about it, I know you stated hunting cart but what kind of terrain are you going across?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What he said but you could keep the switch on the dash if you go to a solenoid setup for switching FNR. I don't have the diagram but I am sure someone can help with that..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just a thought here why bother to change to series ? :It seems like a lot of trouble to got too , you can still get excellent torque , range and speed with a PDS platform talk to Scotty B he can set u up !
Cheers !
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great white north View Post
Just a thought here why bother to change to series ? :It seems like a lot of trouble to got too , you can still get excellent torque , range and speed with a PDS platform talk to Scotty B he can set u up !
Cheers !
My Alltrax DCX400 powered DCS (same controller as PDS) has as much torque as my friends' series carts. My friends have all challenged me to drag races, and each one I pulled as hard if not harder than they did from the start. 3 of my friends have 48v carts, two are series, 1 is a C.C. 1 of the series is an Alltrax AXE 500amp. It's all in the setup, and batteries.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO