lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
jr.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 ezgo wiring assistance

Thanks guys i appreciate it ! I will get her wired up but probly won't have new batt for awhile so won't be able to take her for a spin i will deff post when i do !!!i see more questions in my future
jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
jr.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok so it looks like wire from micro switch on left in diagram goes to pos side of one batt and the bottom post of key switch connect to it . so should this run to small terminal of coil instead ? is the coil just in one terminal out the other (small ones ) does it matter witch side i hook it to ?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure which switch you are calling the microswitch on the left and none of the terminals on any of the three switches are physically connected directly to a battery post.

They are hard to read, but each of the switches has a label above it: MS-1, MS-2 or MS-3.

Here is a schematic with solenoid activation circuit highlighted.

B+ (Positive battery pack voltage) starts a the main positive post on the battery pack and goes to one of the big terminals on the solenoid via a 6Ga cable.
At that point it is picked up by a smaller wire (18Ga) and is connected to the C (Common) terminal on MS-3
It leaves MS-3 via the NC (Normally Closed) terminal and connects to one of the small terminals on solenoid.

B- (Negative battery pack voltage) starts at the main negative post on the battery pack and goes into the S1 terminal on the Motor via a 6Ga cable and out the S2 terminal via a 6Ga cable to the top terminal on the F/R switch.
At that point, it is picked up a smaller (18Ga) wire that connects to one of the two terminals on the keyswitch and out the other terminal on the keyswitch.
From there it goes to the C terminal on MS-1 and is jumpered to the C terminal on MS-2 and the wire from the NC terminal on MS-2 connects to the other small terminal on the solenoid, completing the solenoid activation circuit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor ezgo1rt4 -KSI traced.JPG (65.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #14
jr.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i see your point and highlighting the wires does help a bunch but this is the diagram im using and i tried to highlight the wire i was talking about but my editing skills are not as good as yours lol does this have to go straight to batt or would it have to run through sol first ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ez-go3.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The wire you have highlighted does indeed go to the positive terminal of the battery indicated.
It appears that the beeper runs on 6V,

I don't have a schematic that matches that wiring diagram.
However, all the switch you are working with does is turn the beeper on when F/R lever is in R.

The other switch is in the circuit the energizes the solenoid.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
jr.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh ok so the beeper is not really needed for the cart to run only to let you know your cart is in reverse
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You got it. Let you know it is in reverse and those around you know that something is about to move and the drive may not be looking in right direction.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
jr.
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb and crash test dummy your help and insight are very much appreciated !!!! It will be awhile before my funds are there for batts but least i know everything will be in order !
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO