lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #41
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery meter question

It would be interesting to see the difference between different pedal-up/pedal-down settings, and with a heavy foot vs. a light foot, 'specially with eight T-105s, 500 amp controller and a 6.1 HP motor.

I'm sure you'd never see the difference on your power bill, but from one efficiency freak to another...
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #42
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Then a simple data-logger would eliminate the "hassle". I've never played with them, as a PLC could do this in its sleep, but there are PC cards with I/O that could make this a breeze.
redneck please !!!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
It would be interesting to see the difference between different pedal-up/pedal-down settings, and with a heavy foot vs. a light foot, 'specially with eight T-105s, 500 amp controller and a 6.1 HP motor.

I'm sure you'd never see the difference on your power bill, but from one efficiency freak to another...
What I'm doing is establishing a baseline for a more or less stock PDS cart with 3.5 year old T-105 batteries, which will be later used to determine what performance increases are realized by replacing the stock PDS (@36V) controller with a DCX400 (@36V), and then between the DCX at 36V and 42V.

I've laid out a course that is 10.2 miles long (GPS) that is a mix of paved and gravel roads with a little cross country mixed in, that includes a fairly long smooth and level section for measuring top cruising speed and a steep hill (~30° incline or ~58% grade - see attached chart) with a paved surface for Max speed under heavy load.

I've got to tweak the route a little because of a busy intersection that I want to avoid to keep the stop times more consistent, but my initial run in PDS Freedom mode gives me 19MPH (GPS) on level ground and 8.5MPH on a hill that is twice EZGO's max recommended incline.

The battery pack was removed from float charge 25 hours before I started and I used the at-rest voltage at hour after I finished for my calculations.
I used 40.5AH (1.677kWh), which means I averaged about 3.97AH per Mile over a wide variety of driving conditions.
That projects to a range of about 28 miles if the battery pack was discharged to 50%, but I suspect Peukert's law will come into play and reduce that number a bit.

It will be nice to have some real numbers to play with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hill Grade Conversion Chart.JPG (71.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO