lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runs on choke only!!

Well, I took the carb off the cart and tore it down. Everything has been cleaned and is now soaking in the carb cleaner overnight to hopefully clean it up really good. I did find a little bit of dirt in the bowl. Jets looked good but I still have them soaking overnight. Tomorrow I will blow everything out and put it back together with new gaskets and fuel filter. Wish me luck!!

Thanks again everyone!
gallagher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Did you remove the main-jet before soaking? Sometimes they have an Orifice-Tube that has cross-drilled holes that clog.They can be tough to clean when installed,even after soaking.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #13
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
Did you remove the main-jet before soaking? Sometimes they have an Orifice-Tube that has cross-drilled holes that clog.They can be tough to clean when installed,even after soaking.
Yes I did. Everything has come up really clean. But, I don't like one part here. I don't know what you would call it, but it is where the small bolt threads into that attaches the bowl to the bottom. Here is a pic for you guys to see.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Not good.It corroded/broke away.It may work,but may not tune properly,since the plug won't seal properly.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #15
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is what I was afraid of. So would I need a new carb now? If so who would have a good used one for sale? I don't want to spend over $100 on a new one. It doesn't seal and I wonder if that has been my initial problem with having to run it on choke.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #16
gallagher19
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys for all of your input. My baby is up and running once again. Here is what I did to get it running perfect. Cleaned the carb thoroughly, changed plug, replaced air filter, new gasket, replaced fuel filter, cleaned all cables, cleaned battery terminals, put in fresh gas and voila, she is running awesome. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher19 View Post
Thanks guys for all of your input. My baby is up and running once again. Here is what I did to get it running perfect. Cleaned the carb thoroughly, changed plug, replaced air filter, new gasket, replaced fuel filter, cleaned all cables, cleaned battery terminals, put in fresh gas and voila, she is running awesome. Thanks again everyone!!!!
Good to hear you're up and running again.
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO