lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 EZ 36V Go Alltrax SPM Wiring problem

Alright so here is the pic of the bundle from the pedal, with the green wire busted.

Here is the solenoid, the black wire that is connected on the left of it is hanging loose. I think it connects to the controller on the solenoid pin. Also looking at the diode does it look like it's on the right side? I know the line/band has gotta be on the positive end but is it the positive end that connects to the battery or the one that connects to the positive side of the controller?

Here's a pic of the controller, from the manual. I'm thinking that black wire connects to one of those pins.
Fltmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I was reviewing schematics today and noticed that on my charging receptacle, the white to red wire next to the White (+) wire is cut and not connected to anything and the cart was running? Looking at the diagram it connects to the microswitch (ms2) on the f/r switch? This wire was previously cut though and not connected prior to me changing the components. I'm assuming I'm going to have to make a connection there. Someone really mangled this thing! If I am misreading this please let me know, my eyes are crossing from looking at the diagram so much, and I'm starting to have nightmares!

Also noticed there's no red wire inside the receptacle connected to the white (+). I'm starting to lose my mind.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fltmedic View Post
1. Alright so here is the pic of the bundle from the pedal, with the green wire busted. Repair it or replace it.

2. Here is the solenoid, the black wire that is connected on the left of it is hanging loose. I think it connects to the controller on the solenoid pin.
Relay Coil negative is what it says on the Allltrax schematic, a copy of which should have been supplied with your controller.

3. Also looking at the diode does it look like it's on the right side? The diode is correct.

4. I know the line/band has gotta be on the positive end but is it the positive end that connects to the battery or the one that connects to the positive side of the controller? Neither red wire connect to the battery, or at least not directly. One goes to MS-3 in pedal box, the other goes to Controller Pin-1, which is labeled KSI and it is a signal wire that turns the controller on rather than being a voltage source.

5. Here's a pic of the controller, from the manual. I'm thinking that black wire connects to one of those pins. See answer #2 above
You are reading the schematic right, but a previous owner have by-passed the reed switch.
No need to reconnect it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks JohhnieB you have no idea how much help you have been. I don't mean to ask so many questions just don't want to damage anything after spending so much on batteries and the upgrades. Appreciate the patience as well, I have found a thread with several links and was able to save a service manual for my golf cart. It's just been overwhelming the past couple days trying to figure out what parts are what on the diagram. That service manual is perfect though. Thanks again brother appreciate the help. I'll be pulling the old resistor off and reusing it, found a new diode at Radio Shack.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You can download schematics (SPM in EZGO) and all sorts of other information here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_SPM.html
Old 05-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #16
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I made the connections as directed and.....SHE RUNS!!! Thanks JohnnieB for all the help!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #17
Fltmedic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Next order of business wheels and lift! Got the wheels with nifty hub caps, just need the lift kit.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO