lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

Default Powerdrive 2 Charger/OBC/Receptacle???

Hey guys, I've searched as many threads as I could find related to what I'm dealing with here and whether it's just not out there or I'm not bright enough to interpret it properly, I apologize for starting another thread on this stuff. I just replaced my batteries in a 2008.5 Precedent and have a couple issues. First of all the forward/reverse switch is now functioning backwards, I haven't switched the two outside wires, but I'm guessing that will do the trick? just wanted to ask before I start playing with too many things at once. Secondly and more importantly I cannot get it to charge at all. I've tried resetting the OBC, both forward and reverse to account for the messed up switch, which didn't do anything. I already jumped the relay in the charger which will allow the charger to turn on at least, but even when plugged into the cart the ammeter stays at 0. There is a click a few seconds after I plug the charger into the cart, and if I unplug the charger it immediately clicks again, so not sure how to interpret that in regards to the relay working or not. Any help at all would appreciated, pretty stumped on this one.
shawnhill34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive 2 Charger/OBC/Receptacle???

Start by checking you have your batteries wired right, sounds like something is wrong there
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
crash test dummy

2008 Precedent battery configuration

Attached Images
File Type: png 2008 battery.png (82.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

Batteries are wired exactly as they should be. When I test the pack as a whole I'm getting roughly 49.0 volts right now, and that's with the two terminals the red and black wire are connected to.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

If everything worked right before batteries were changed should work same afterwards
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
shawnhill34
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, should have clarified, I was unable to charge the cart before the new batteries went in as well. I assumed the batteries were the culprit because they were 5 years old and pack voltage was below 30 volts total. My question is basically does it sound like the relay or rectifier in the charger? Or does it sound like the OBC? Unfortunately I don't have anyone around me that I know with a similar cart to test the charger directly.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhill34 View Post
First of all the forward/reverse switch is now functioning backwards
that isa sure sign it is wired wrong ... unless you replaced the f/r switch
CART NOT CHARGING IS ALSO SIGN IT MAYBE WIRED WRONG
RECHECK WIRING !!!!

POST PHOTOS OF BATTERY CABLES
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car