lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Outlawcart
Getting Wild

Default What can get wet?

I know some of you run straight through the deepest mud trench so that's another ball game. I know rentals get run in the rain and the puddles so...

I finally opened the cover for the motor on my "new to me" cart. While clean as it could be on the outside of the cover, the inside held a different story and was coated in about 1/4 inch of dust. I couldn't even tell if the motor was anything other than gray.

I took my hand and knocked a bit of the dust off to uncover a very nice purple case with a handle to be my plum quick motor. Has a sticker that says crazy clown if that means anything.

Looks like the controller boxes and other electronics are through the next wall under the battery compartment (Or actually between the batteries out of sight).

Is it ok to take a hose to the motor compartment as long as the water stream does not enter the electronics up front? How do you guys clean?

I wiped down as much as I could with a towel.
Outlawcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: What can get wet?

I wouldn't water anything down with a hose, but instead take a wet rag and soapy water maybe and just wipe it down. Once it's clean, dry everything off real well. Also don't forget to flip run tow switch to tow and if you really want to be safe, disconnect main battery cables.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
Outlawcart
Getting Wild

Default Re: What can get wet?

Makes sense, electronics and all

I was hoping otherwise but figured as much dust that was in there cleaning with water was not a common thing to do.
Outlawcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car