lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #1
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 36V EzGo Charger issue

Ok. So I just picked up a 36v 2007 EzGo text. It's the pds version with the f/r switch on the dash and the tow/ run switch on the controller. I got it cheap, but it hasn't been charged all winter. Tried to charge it but the charger(powerwise QE)(I know they are junk) doesn't turn on. Even the led on the side doesn't light up. And no voltage coming from the charging receptacle. 2 questions or more....

1. Is there a fuse or anything else I can do to remedy the problem. Don't really want to spend $285 on a new one, since I am trying to flip the cart. But also don't want to screw the new owner on a junk charger.

2. Can I (just to charge the batteries) take that "D" style plug off the junk charger and put it on my good 36v EzGo charger from 1994.5 and hopefully charge up the batteries until I figure out a new charger?

3. A friend has a good extra charger from what we believe was a 48v 2009 EzGo cart. Someone stole his cart from a camp ground year or two ago and he can't remember if it was 36 or 48v. I'd assume we can't use it if it's a 48v on a 36v cart.

And I wonder if the batteries will even take a charge. They have plenty of water and haven't been charged since September 2013. Fingers crossed!!!
Nicksel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36V EzGo Charger issue

Nicksel, here is one reason that they won't charge.....IF the total charge voltage is too low, the charger will not turn on, period. but what you can do is take a standard 12v automotive battery charger and hook it up to two batteries at a time (you do not have to disconnect them, just connect the POSITIVE of the first battery, then to the NEGITIVE of the second one), and charge them for a good while, use a DVM so you don't over charge them, just try to get each pair up to about 12.5 or 13v....repeat the process to get all 6 up a bit......then plug in your carts charger. most likely, that will do the trick. and when you plug in your cart charger, it will take off charging. let it go until it automatically shuts off, regardless of how long it takes. repeat the charge process a few times.

and btw......keep the seat up to allow the hydrogen gas to escape.....ya don't want something blowing up!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

2 or 10 amp??
Old 04-03-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

10 will be faster and cause no harm.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
10 will be faster and cause no harm.
^^^^ what he said!
Old 04-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #6
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks for the advice. Started with 3 12 volt chargers on 2 amp for 7 hours and rewired them and now the powerwise qe charger is running!!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:55 AM   #7
MuckSavage
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Man! Ain't everybody here the best!
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:55 PM   #8
Nicksel1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Honesty this forum has saved me at least $1000 in worthless repairs and/or labor
Old 04-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksel1 View Post
Honesty this forum has saved me at least $1000 in worthless repairs and/or labor
The "Affordable Cart Act" mandates that a minimum of 2% of cart care savings be forwarded to BGW:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/misc.php?do=donate
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The "Affordable Cart Act" mandates that a minimum of 2% of cart care savings be forwarded to BGW:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/misc.php?do=donate
ahhhhhh but Johnnie......there are no stars under your avatar.....so what's up with that???

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO