lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tow behind seat trailer begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDWOOD View Post
We built a trailer using a Yard Cart trailer and a rear half of an 2000 ish EZGO. It holds a very large cooler and worked great a few times but now the brass bushings ( not bearings ) are trashed. I bought a front axle from a local Golf Cart junk yard and I'm have a buddy weld a section of 2" square tubing and the spindle ends and make a serviceable axle. Hopefully soon my busing prob will be a distant memory.
Can you use a normal rear axle and remove some of the internal gears to cut down on friction?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsal51 View Post
My main concern is if I have enough torque to pull 8 grown men,guns ammo and drinks ext
My main concern would be that some of the other guys buy their own cart. cool people trailer though.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 AM   #13
suzook1
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
May I ask where you got your tubs from?
suzook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #14
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Get ready for a lot of compliments on the trailer. I took the one that I built to the campground, everyone I passed talked about how cool it was and a few people wanted to buy it from me.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #15
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook1 View Post
May I ask where you got your tubs from?
It's not mine, a member here built it, can"t remember who it was
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:51 AM   #16
Hyper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatlock00 View Post
Get ready for a lot of compliments on the trailer. I took the one that I built to the campground, everyone I passed talked about how cool it was and a few people wanted to buy it from me.
Your trailer looks really nice. I can see why people wanted to buy it from you. I am currently building my trailer. Hopefully, it will look half as nice as yours. I am planning on adding a top on mine, trying to figure what the best way to incorporate.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:24 AM   #17
suzook1
Getting Wild

anyone know the member that built the one with the tubs. Would really like to find out where he got them
suzook1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #18
Bmatlock00
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Your trailer looks really nice. I can see why people wanted to buy it from you. I am currently building my trailer. Hopefully, it will look half as nice as yours. I am planning on adding a top on mine, trying to figure what the best way to incorporate.
A top would be nice, I have be thinking about how I can add one myself. At the campground I put a beach umbrella on the trailer and it actually worked better than I thought it would.
Bmatlock00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 AM   #19
Hyper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After looking at these trailers and looking at your pics of the frame and body, I try to work on my trailer. I have been so focused on getting mine started that I forgot to order the Hitch for my cart. I have a concern, will my club cart precedent be able to carry the trailer without some modifications to the frame. I have a flip down seat that is made out plastic(elite max 5 in 1). I just ordered the hitch and from what I understand it mounts to the seat. I looked under seat and I feel it's not very sturdy. Have you thought about any frame support? Thanks
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO