lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #1
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Default Refurbishing an "off the course" Cart

Just picked up an '11 RXV fresh off the golf course with the intention of refurbishing and flipping it. I watched some of the refurb process at the place I bought it from, but still have some questions from those of you that do this.

I have the cart stripped basically to a rolling chassis and have tried various chemicals, brushes, steel wool pads, etc. to clean the frame and it is still pretty dirty looking when it dries. What do the pros use to clean the undercarriage back to like new? Is it a type of cleaner, a process, or do most end up spray painting?
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Refurbishing an "off the course" Cart

Sandblast and powdercoat. It will be new again.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
suffolklou
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The place I got my cart from used a pressure washer and degreaser. Rattle can for touch up.
suffolklou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Sandblast and powdercoat. It will be new again.
I would if I planned to keep the cart or if it was in bad shape. I'm planning to build a stretch for myself as soon as I run across a cart that I really like and will definitely go that route with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolklou View Post
The place I got my cart from used a pressure washer and degreaser. Rattle can for touch up.
That's probably what I am going to do. The cart is only ~ 3 years old and the frame is in very good shape. It just needs touching up.
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
stang99x
Gone Wild

On really nasty ones, I have some muriatic acid that I clean floors with, I mix some up and use that in place of degreaser. The stuff is rough on your lungs, wear a mask for certain. You can find it at lowes or home depot. I also repaint all the under carriages. If you have it that far down it's pretty easy to put a fresh coat on it.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO