lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 AM   #1
satan6907
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 Medalist lift questions

I have a 95 Medalist 36v that I am looking to put in a lift kit, it is mainly used on the lawn pulling the sprayer or sweeper, or in the hay field picking rocks between crops. I have been looking a 6" jakes with 23" tires.

Now my question is, do I need to upgrade anything else with the lift and tires or would it be ok to stay stock? There are a few small hills and right now that cart losses a small amount of speed up the one in the field but does fine everywhere else.
satan6907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Medalist lift questions

Loss of speed on hills will be made FAR worse with larger tires. You will gain speed on flats, but will lose torque, which is needed for the hills. Pulling heavy loads needs torque, not speed.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The 23" tires will cost you 22% of the stock torque in return for a 2.5" gain in axle clearance.

The cart may be a little faster on level ground, but a lot slower on inclines.

If you are going to pull a sprayer, sweeper or rocks, the drive system needs to be upgraded whether the tire height is increased or not,
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #4
satan6907
Not Yet Wild

Right now on fresh battery packs I get 10mph, it was owned buy a business for utility work in the past.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You should go here and check out the "Speed Controller Package" link. It will help you in deciding the options available, and what they do.

You have to decide what you want out of your cart. In general, you have to decide whether you want more speed or more torque. All carts will slow down some on hills. More torque will help that, but you won't generally gain anything on top speed. You can increase top speed, but it may slow down even more on hills and when carrying loads.

In general, to increase the speed on a series motor (I'm assuming yours is a series) More voltage will give you more speed and more amperage will give you more torque. Voltage can be increased by going to 48 volts. Amps can be increased with a larger controller. You can also increase speed by going to larger tires, and/or changing the gears in the rear end, and/or buying a speed motor.

Carts Unlimited:
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

Also read up on everything about batteries, such as how they work, charging, and break-in.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
satan6907
Not Yet Wild

Not really needing more speed, but want to go with a 400 or 500a 48v system. I do realize I would need the controller, solenoid, HD f/w switch and better cables.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You'd also need a new charger.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #8
satan6907
Not Yet Wild

Yea, forget to put that on the list.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO