lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #11
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Torque motor w/ high speed gears?

I can get 26-27.
kojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's about what I got with my 72v series D&D high torque motor and 8:1 gears.

If I was to install that motor in a 36v cart with stock gears & tires I'd bet it would do about 8 mph. Maybe.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #13
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That would be pretty slow there. But aren't series motors slower than PDS motors as a whole?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #14
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It depends. If you install gears and larger tires a series motor can be fast. Add voltage and it gets faster.

PDS motors hate to be under load at slight throttle for a long time, like cruising slowly through the woods. A series motor is the workhorse of the cart world.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #15
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha buddy. Most of the time there are 3 people on my cart and sometimes 4 (that's including myself).
Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #16
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sportcoupe, I didn't catch it the 1st time I read it but, in your 1st post you stated something about going to a series motor or staying with the pds. Can I just change the shunt motor for a series motor or is there other things I'd have to change to? Thanks
Old 07-20-2014, 08:25 PM   #17
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No you cannot just swap motors. If you are planning a complete rebuild then you can choose series or pds before you buy any parts. The controllers and wiring are also different in addition to the motors.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #18
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Gotcha, had a blonde moment, I knew about the series controllers but just weren't thinking, alot of stuff on my mind.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #19
kojo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Actually, it's going 0mph now because the motor is making a clanging noise. I let my son drive it w/ his girlfriend and he was supposed to go around the block, which out here in the boonies(as my wife likes to say) that block is about 3-3 1/2 miles long but it's highway, well to make a long story short he didn't go that way he went down the river road and off of that down an old hunting club trail thru the woods and there is some fairly soft white sand back in there and I think it got to hot because the next day my wife and I drove it on the highway about 45min. and it surged and then started making that awful sound. I'm assuming it started getting a little warm the day before w/ him and it just didn't take that much to get it hot after that. He said he just kinda crept thru the sand but in his defense he doesn't know anything about carts. It never got hot when we'd drive on just the highway before.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO