lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G29 DRIVE motor/controller upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean5545 View Post
Where is the actual potentiometer? In the pedal? Maybe somebody on here has the proper readings for it I could test that....
I’m personally not real familiar with your cart, the only yamahas I’ve had are old ones. But every electric cart has to have some sort of pot to vary the signal so the controller knows how far the pedal is pressed. Most carts are from 0 ohms to 5k ohms, or 5k ohms to 0 ohms reading from the pedal released to fully pressed to the floor. Someone here should be able to chime in and say for sure...

Found this with a quick google search. Judging by how crusty everything looks in that guys pedal box id say it’s definitely worth a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-20ej0c94OE

Yamaha calls it a TPS. They all call it something different but in the end a pot is a pot
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #12
limaynard
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

If you were to change, here is my current configuration:

Navitas 440 controller & OTF programmer
MZJ-400 Solenoid

Stock motor / cables and it runs fine. I get around 20mph with 20" tyres.

I have new, 2AWG cables on the way and a Admiral MOT-D2 10hp motor.

I have dealer access on the Navitas controller so I can change firmware to suit the new motor (when it is fitted). At the moment the firmware is for the stock motor.
limaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean5545 View Post
Where is the actual potentiometer? In the pedal? Maybe somebody on here has the proper readings for it I could test that....
It has to be tested dynamically (while plugged in) to get any meaningful results. It's a hall effect sensor, so ohms readings are useless. Its range is roughly 0.45v at rest, and 4.7v at full throttle. The sensor itself is actually 0-5v, but the entire range is not used, so the controller can verify something is actually hooked up.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It has to be tested dynamically (while plugged in) to get any meaningful results. It's a hall effect sensor, so ohms readings are useless. Its range is roughly 0.45v at rest, and 4.7v at full throttle. The sensor itself is actually 0-5v, but the entire range is not used, so the controller can verify something is actually hooked up.
Thanks, figured you would know the actual specs.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:04 PM   #15
Sean5545
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Thank you much. I’ll get this checked out this weekend.
Sean5545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #16
nelly1052
Getting Wild

I have the 2018 Drive2 Yamaha. Just replaced my stock controller with a Alltrax 400 amp. My cart would only go 11 MPH. Even with programing they said I might get to 17 MPH. With the new controller I get 22MPH. Easy install.
nelly1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha