lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #11
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please check my wiring

Thank you, movin-on; I am trying to stay motivated in the heat and with my lack of electrical knowledge.....
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #12
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=simicrintz;1759772]Thank you, movin-on; I am trying to stay motivated in the heat and with my lack of electrical knowledge.....[/QUO

Just one question...Normally green attaches to A1 and orange to F1...Just checking...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Because of how everything is routed, I have had to use the cable that worked and disregard the color (and that is why F2 is not running with the rest of the gang!). I have double checked to see that even though the colors are wrong they are on the right posts.

This is exactly what I was hoping for; thank you very much movin-on!!
Old 09-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #14
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:03 PM   #15
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is awkward ....is there any way i can get you to get a longer F 2 cable and get all those lined up as one ? its an OCD nightmare ......split the cost ? buy the beer and help maybe ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wire cleanup 2.jpg (122.1 KB, 0 views)
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 09:25 PM   #16
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's bugging me too :) Here's what would bug me more though: I buy a longer cable and it is a different brand and the jackets don't match!

The wires were all in a kit and I took out what I needed and ran them as best as I could. Something tells me that I can't get that exact wire in the length that I need......

I may have to hurry up and get the body on so I can't see it anymore!!!
Old 09-12-2020, 10:02 PM   #17
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Perhaps the company (after seeing this picture on this site where lots of people buy stuff ) would agree its to short and might be deemed a "safety hazard " because it cant bundle up nice and tight with the other wires and is prone to get yanked out by a stick or rock or some other hazard , possibly causing injury and/or death! .......maybe they would send you a longer one ........or another kit and you would send back the ones you dont need....

EDIT : Plan B

Shorten A2 and tie it with F2 for 2 runs of 2 instead of 3 and 1.....

OCD hack.......
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:28 PM   #18
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

The F cables are overkill anyway.

12 gauge field cables are plenty big since they don't carry many amps, so you could always replace it with longer 12 ga wire from the auto store. That short one you currently have could potentially cause an issue if your suspension moves at all during driving or the axle happens to twist at all. Then you may have to deal with a broken field stud.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:12 AM   #19
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
Perhaps the company (after seeing this picture on this site where lots of people buy stuff ) would agree its to short and might be deemed a "safety hazard " because it cant bundle up nice and tight with the other wires and is prone to get yanked out by a stick or rock or some other hazard , possibly causing injury and/or death! .......maybe they would send you a longer one ........or another kit and you would send back the ones you dont need....

EDIT : Plan B

Shorten A2 and tie it with F2 for 2 runs of 2 instead of 3 and 1.....

CDO hack.......

Death? Do you really think it could be death? I saw my life ending in a completely different way than in a golf cart! There was a beach, drinks with umbrellas, and something like "hey, watch this".......!

I made a big mistake and did not buy it from one of the sponsors (father forgive me, for I have sinned!)! I doubt that it will ever be seen here :(
I will take a look tomorrow and see if I can redo any cables to make it work properly. And I did put the letters in alphabetical order on your post cuz now THAT is bugging me! I know-I have issues.....
Old 09-13-2020, 12:17 AM   #20
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
The F cables are overkill anyway.

12 gauge field cables are plenty big since they don't carry many amps, so you could always replace it with longer 12 ga wire from the auto store. That short one you currently have could potentially cause an issue if your suspension moves at all during driving or the axle happens to twist at all. Then you may have to deal with a broken field stud.
Great-now I have that to worry about! With the Volt batteries I fully expect to hit 1.21 jigawatts, which will no doubt create axle wrap and a bind! I have tons of 12 gauge wire that I could use, but do you see the size difference if I did that?! If I can't handle the lack of a cohesive path of travel with the existing cables, how do you think I could possibly handle the difference wire sizes?!!!

I need to listen to some relaxation tapes now; this is really starting to affect my sleep!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car