lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
jrtrue
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default HELP!! No Go After Lift

I just installed a 6 inch lift kit and 22x11x10 trail tires and now I have no lift-off. There is a click sound and the buggy wants to go but kinda surges or rocks but stays put. It is like it is straining and can't get going. Reverse is the same. It is an 89 36V club car with a stock 24-36 volt Curtis 275 amp controller and stock motor. All batteries read 6+ and the pack reads 38. It ran before but I had it completely apart to paint and thought I was careful with the wiring. Back wheels spin by hand when off the ground, same with front. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?
jrtrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: HELP!! No Go After Lift

It does sound as though something is wired wrong. Possibly the motor wired incorrectly? Or a micro switch?

Check the stickies on this forum and look at the wiring diagram for your cart.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Be sure your brake cables are clear when it is on the ground. The lift kits will make the cables too short and lock the brakes. Also, when it's in the air will the motor turn the the tires? If it does, the problem is most likely the brakes. The large tires will slow the cart down but shouldn't stop it altogether. I don't know of any other thing it could be, unless something is dragging or rubbing, catching when the suspension is compressed.
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
Xact1
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good point about the brake cables being too tight. Several forum members have reported this after installing a lift kit.
Xact1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
jrtrue
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the comments and suggestions..I jacked the cart up and both rear wheels seem to be binding when turned by hand and are a no go when accelerator engaged.which makes me think the brake cable is too tight...My next question is which is the best way to remedy the problem. Do I try to back off the brakes at the drum or adjust the cable? Again thanks for your help.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Drums first , to determin id this is your problem , once you are convinced this is or is not the problem write back.
Do you hear any click from the Solinoid(s)
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
wheelz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyton View Post
Be sure your brake cables are clear when it is on the ground. The lift kits will make the cables too short and lock the brakes. Also, when it's in the air will the motor turn the the tires? If it does, the problem is most likely the brakes. The large tires will slow the cart down but shouldn't stop it altogether. I don't know of any other thing it could be, unless something is dragging or rubbing, catching when the suspension is compressed.
That was my problem too..
wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Disconnect the brake cable splitter from the pedal assy to release the brakes. If they turn after that then you need to modify your cable mounting point (move it back) and extend the pedal adjusting rod the same amount.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #9
jrtrue
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok ..here is the latest.. I adjusted the brakes and now the rear wheels turn without binding...while the cart was in the air (no wheels) I had rotation on acceleration ....1st time....added tires still rotation.. on the ground it had nothing but a straining sensation..which leads me to believe I don't have enough umph. I took a reading across the batteries while accelerating and it read 18v then back up 36 when I let up. these batteries are kinda old but weren't used much. So what else should I check or do? ...besides scrap my project.......All help is appreciated.........
Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #10
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Those batteries are toast!

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car