lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
Shorbe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Don't want to fry new motor/controller/solenoid

Hi all. New to the board (and generally new to mods on CC's) but have read many of the very informative posts. I recently bit the bullet and bought a GE D395, GE 500/600 Controller, HD Solenoid and HD Wire upgrade for my 36v 94 CC DS Vglide. Old motor is out and I am itching to get it all put together!

1) I am a little concerned that the controller I have may not be the right match for my cart. The new controller does not have a large A2 post like my stock Curtis controller (just 3 big posts). Currently, a white wire goes from F/R switch to A2 on controller and another white on same A2 goes to A2 on motor. Do I just run the white from F/R directly to motor and bypass the controller on the new GE 500/600 or will I need to return and get a new controller with 4 large posts?

2) Current solenoid has 2 connecting resistors (I am guessing this is what they are) and the new one does not have any installed. Do I need to move these over to the new one?

Thanks in advance. Still learning.....
Shorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Don't want to fry new motor/controller/solenoid

That controller will work fine. The A2 terminal is not needed. Most people either bolt the 2 cables together that "did" go to the A2 connection or run a new cable from motor to F/R switch. Transfer your resistors over to your new solenoid and you will be fine.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW !!!
Let us know how the cart's performance compares to stock.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome.......................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
Shorbe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks roady89 for such a quick response. I got it in yesterday with no sparks and everything works as expected!

scottyb - Although speed appears to be about the same, I have yet to find a hill that it can't climb. My old motor would barely make it up some of the hills around my house or actually not make it at all. It appears that the new motor hits a whole new level (even loaded down) and doesn't struggle a bit. Can't wait to take it to the deer lease now and hit some of the trails into the mountains. We'll see...

Thanks again to all for your help!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:55 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Glad to help. Wait till you upgrade to 48 volts! Upgrading to 48 volts will bring you a 20-25% increase across the board with increased runtime.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
Shorbe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Roady - wanted to let you know that I just upgraded to 48v (8 x 6v) last night and WOW what a difference. Getting much more speed and torque is incredible. Thanks for the advice! More goodies on their way in the mail. I believe I am officially hooked to mods now.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #8
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Shorbe........ Where in Oklahoma are you?
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #9
brockett1973
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Shorbe, I too just bought a 94 CC DS and am working on putting everything back together, starting with all new parts for the solenoid, f/r swith and am going to try to use old V-Glide. I cleaned everything up, all contacts, only had to replace a few wires. Still dont have any batteries as of yet. Any reccomendations?
brockett1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #10
Shorbe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Brockett1973 - What exactly do you want to do with your cart? Get it operational via stock components or begin the process of upgrades beyond stock?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car