lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default G16 jet size??

I want to open up my carb a little..anyone know what size I should step up to on my jetting for G16 in Indiana? Buggy is stock motor other than Plowmans torque kit and lift, have the governor turned 3/4 the way. Im going to open up airbox a little also.
Dadsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 jet size??

Sorry.. Just noticed I posted in wrong section.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i dont no your cart at all,but id say if reading your spark plugs tells you that you can go rich and be ok, id drill .015 over whats in there now..youll need a set of dial calipers and drill bits to check the size you have now to be sure if you dont no.this is just what ive done in the past.
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The main jet on my G-16 ended up at .036 dia. after I worked on it. My cart is not lifted and it runs really good after the mods (was cold blooded and gutless before !!). I also opened up my airbox a bit and did some needed clutch work. This may or may not be best for your cart, but just wanted to give you the information for reference. You need to be very careful as it doesn't take much to end up with jets that are too big. I've read here that torch tip cleaners work well for opening up the jets. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
technoid
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadsbaby View Post
I want to open up my carb a little..anyone know what size I should step up to on my jetting for G16 in Indiana? Buggy is stock motor other than Plowmans torque kit and lift, have the governor turned 3/4 the way. Im going to open up airbox a little also.
If your going to re-size your jet keep in mind that the muffler used creates some back pressure. If its the stock muffler, the jet used was tuned for the proper mixture. Drilling out will richen the mixture and de-tune your motor. You won't gain any power. But if you install a less restrictive muffler then you need to open the jet. You would want to ream the jet. Reaming provides a smooth surface over just drilling. Drilling leaves small scratches inside the jet. And those scratches make for an uneven fuel asparation. Check with a machine shop supplier for small drills and reamers. Open the jet in small steps. Run your engine under a load each time for at least 10 minutes. Check your plug color. Light brown not white or black.
technoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #6
LURCH
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can buy them from Don @ Plowmans along with an air filter and they will tell you what to do to the air box.
Mine has stock exhaust and runs great with this set up.
LURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #7
Dadsbaby
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks guys!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha