lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Demonical
Not Yet Wild

Default '94 Club Car flooding

I have a 1994 Club Car and yesterday it started flooding for some reason. It has never done this before; the gas smell from the engine was quite noticeable.

I could get it to run if I disconnected the fuel line to the carb and turned it over enough to burn off the XS fuel, then it would run. It would stay running, once I had it going, but every time I stopped it, it would then flood and would not restart until I unhooked the fuel line again....

So what should I do?

I think there is just one small screw that I can adjust?

Should I also change the spark plug?

Btw, Howdy, I am Jim a golf-aholic from Alberta, Canada.
Demonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
hotmomma
Wildly Wicked!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '94 Club Car flooding

Welcome Jim! Look at the spark plug first to see if it's burnt..(black and check the tip also) if and when you do change it make sure you use the right gap size for your cart. There is an inlet valve that might be dirty and the float may need to be readjusted also. Check the air filter and the fuel filters too they may need to be changed also. Good Luck!
hotmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Demonical
Not Yet Wild

So what would be the correct spark plug gap?
Demonical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds to me like you may have a little piece of chit in the needle seat valve of the carburetor float... may be time for you to disassemble and clean the carb. I like to use carb cleaner with the little spray nozzle in every orifice until. Spray until you can see it coming out somewhere freely. It only takes one grain of stuff to screw up the float seat.... Be careful with the gasket and rubbers. Wear safety goggles when spraying into holes with the cleaner. Good luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Stuck needle/float bad, carb flooding. Clean crap out of carb as scottyb suggested. Check float for holes.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Stuck needle/float bad, carb flooding. Clean crap out of carb as scottyb suggested. Check float for holes.
THe old sinking float It is always bad when you pull the float and it has to drain ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #7
sickcraft
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I agree with Scotty. I had the same exact problem and it was float needle. I had to cleaned the carb 4-5 times before it stopped. I also replaced the fuel line and filter.
sickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car