lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
dyeager535
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 EZGo golf cart solenoid replacement part number? (resistor speed control)

Hello!

I've had this '88 cart for a few months, and have been driving it around without incident until yesterday. The cart started to move forward/reverse at low speed without the pedal being depressed, even with key in the off position. Checked, and the solenoid has failed.

In searching a replacement, I pulled 71-120224-5 off the solenoid in the cart. I checked with White-Rodgers, they told me the part number is obsolete, and they do not sell a replacement. 70-120224 can be easily found, but it is rated for 1/4 of the inrush load as the 71-120224-5 (50A vs. 200A, respectively).

Is there another part number folks are using to replace the 71-120224, that has the right load capacity?

Thanks!
dyeager535 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO