lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #11
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2020 Valor wont do nothing

Blue and white is the negative on the CEL and the red and white is positive. The violet should not be on there...May be the issue.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2021, 08:58 AM   #12
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Voltage is good 12.6 at the battery and every connection I have checked. Corrected the wiring at the ign and mil light. 6 pin plug back probed on both sides reading good. Throttle body is closed. I have no relays clicking absolutely nothing when the pedal is pushed. I hear the micro switch click and have power at the ecm but no other clicking humming cycling nothing. I have not changed the plug as running is not the issue at this point.
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #13
Scott quail
Gone Wild

If the plug is fouled bad, the cart will not start. I dont know why but thats one issue ive come across alot. Does the ignition relay click? Its the brass colored one in the panel behind the battery. If you have power at the ignition relay but it doesnt click its bad. The EX1 has had issues that ive come across and usually its been a bad plug, the 6 pin connector, the ignition relay and the ISG. Hope this helps a little.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #14
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Changed plug. Ignition relay does not click. I have 12.6 volts constant on 1 big red wire and both red and black with red stripe. Nothing changes when the pedal is pushed.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:02 PM   #15
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Actually let me ask a question that i might have asked first. What is the warranty on a 2020 valor???
Old 08-17-2021, 04:15 PM   #16
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Should be 2 or 3 year factory. The ISG may have gone bad. Ive replaced alot of ISGs under warranty.
Old 09-25-2023, 05:57 PM   #17
SDollarBuddy
Not Yet Wild

Scott I have a 2019 ezgo valor and i dont know what the isg is. having all of the same issues, relays and all fuses test out. but the only component that seems to be working is the pedal micro switch.
SDollarBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:22 PM   #18
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

ISG = internal starter generator. these engines don't actually have a starter to speak of. they're an anemic little moped engine that uses a sort of motor winding on the crank end to actually turn the engine over and you honestly don't hear it crank as it pretty much fires up immediately. If you're not getting a MIL lamp or anything period, well, welcome to the club. That's been the issue with five of these pieces of crap since they came out. Never could figure them out and had to send them back. Two of 'em would run a few feet to a mile and just die out and no power anywhere. I seriously don't know what EZGO is smoking thinking that engine was a good idea. They're already dropping like flies at courses.

There are zero parts available other than a tune up kit and belt, and calling up EZGO gets the same response as you get if you call up Bad Boy asking for a schematic. They say 'we'll call you back later' and you hear nothing.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO