lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Broken engine and muffler mounts

I just got done tearing the engine apart for a rebuild and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this.

The crankcase bearings were worn and the shaft had a lot of play which I assume is the culprit, but just checking.

The bracket between the starter motor and the engine was cracked and welded previously, the muffler mounting brackets were cracked and welded previously, and one of the engine mounting bolts was broken off.

I always had a terrible time keeping the muffler locked down, I had to double nut it.

I am curious if the bad bearings caused all of this extreme vibration breaking heavy steel?
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Broken engine and muffler mounts

It may have been the vibration from bad bearings but it seems fairly common for the mounts to break, I had to weld the s/g mounts on mine plus the fan flange on the case was broken off. I figured all the stress went there when the other mounts failed, luckily I know a guy that welds cast aluminum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170510_075440.jpg (260.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20170712_155122.jpg (257.4 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO