lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
kjw52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Advice for hunting cart?

Wanted to check if anybody had any suggestions for upgrading a hunting cart. It's a 04 txt series w/6" jakes spindle lift & 22" tires. Was wanting to upgrade to 4ga cables and a new motor and controller. What brand and model motor and controller should I be looking into? Was thinking Alltrax for controller but wasn't sure on the motor. What hp motor would be best and would I need to install a HD solenoid and f/r switch as well? Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have.
kjw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
FFPudge
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Advice for hunting cart?

Alltrax- D&D motor made a world of diff on mine! Don't forget cables and solenoid!
FFPudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A TXT stock motor and controller are just fine for off roading. A FULL set of 4 gauge cables and a good set of batteries is a MUST. If you're going to do some serious offroading, then the spindle lift will cause you problems. Nothing wrong with the lift, but the new style stock axles are just not strong enough for the stress from the spindle lift - IMO.

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
kjw52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. How are D&D's controllers?
kjw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

D and D controllers are Alltrax. Talk to the guys at D and D about what you want to do with your cart and they will give you good advice. I bought a 170-01-01 motor from them and am quite happy with it. I use mine for golf and it slowed on some of the hills I go up more than I liked even on 42v. I gained 3 mph and much better hill climbing. My stock motor ('92 Marathon) was 2 hp the D and D is 7.5 hp.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO