lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Default 48volt battery dash gauge

How much of a draw would gauge have on batteries being on all the time,I think that is how it has always been used.?
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #2
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48volt battery dash gauge

Found the answer I was looking for
Old 02-27-2019, 12:46 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yep, drawing pebbles from a full quarry of gravel
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 01:07 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

I had to explain the same thing to a fellow who thought led lights was going to add significant range by "less power usage". Watt-wise it's not true. Flashlight wise (with single, or double digits watt/hour available), doesn't compare with golf cart 8160 watt pack. The range difference is negligible between led and incandescent bulbs as it compares to what it draws from the cart battery pack that gets you down the road, not a big difference. I sell led on only "better light", not some magic Bs that it'll extend range.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:33 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

It look at like this, yes led lamps deliver much better run times than incandescent bulbs (in flashlight form). But thats flashlights we are looking at. The losses we are talking about are diminished when the power source has thousands of times that capacity.. think carrying 2 18650s compared to a golf cart pack to do same job. Who sells a incandescent flashlight today? The factory only does it because the bulbs are cheap. They don't offler th best bulbs, but they do offer the highest quality wiring and good plugs (good plugs are a big big deal). No aftermarket systems offer as good plugs as the OEM (expensive) kits do. Their plugs are always "cheezy" in comparison to the OEM ones.

My opinion- use a factory light harness, then add led bulb modlules for the headlights. The bulb type is super common. The housing is good, the rubber seal is good. Aftermarket turns to crap much quicker, tried it.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:32 AM   #6
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Impressed with light kit I bought ,all connecters lock together ,every wire labeled what it,s for.i,ll spend more time sealing off connecters I won't use,running lights,brake lights,signals,lighter,
Buy good,buy once
Old 02-27-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddog72 View Post
Impressed with light kit I bought ,all connecters lock together ,every wire labeled what it,s for.i,ll spend more time sealing off connecters I won't use,running lights,brake lights,signals,lighter,

Buy good,buy once

I generally like to try garbage a couple of times before I buy good. I’ll learn one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:48 PM   #8
drice561
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It look at like this, yes led lamps deliver much better run times than incandescent bulbs (in flashlight form). But thats flashlights we are looking at. The losses we are talking about are diminished when the power source has thousands of times that capacity.. think carrying 2 18650s compared to a golf cart pack to do same job. Who sells a incandescent flashlight today? The factory only does it because the bulbs are cheap. They don't offler th best bulbs, but they do offer the highest quality wiring and good plugs (good plugs are a big big deal). No aftermarket systems offer as good plugs as the OEM (expensive) kits do. Their plugs are always "cheezy" in comparison to the OEM ones.

My opinion- use a factory light harness, then add led bulb modlules for the headlights. The bulb type is super common. The housing is good, the rubber seal is good. Aftermarket turns to crap much quicker, tried it.
What LED modules fit an 09 Drive headlights and taillights?
drice561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #9
cgtech

Yamaha

I haven't seen any that impressed me at all for the headlights, all the ones I have ever seen sucked for brightness in my opinion. But the factory optional led modules in the rear are blindingly bright. The rears are a common standard size lamp used on many applications. Rears can be found at any parts store or truck stop.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:21 PM   #10
drice561
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I haven't seen any that impressed me at all for the headlights, all the ones I have ever seen sucked for brightness in my opinion. But the factory optional led modules in the rear are blindingly bright. The rears are a common standard size lamp used on many applications. Rears can be found at any parts store or truck stop.
Thanks for that info. I’m not really looking for “bright” since this is a hunting cart. Off the top of your head can you point me towards brands/model numbers so I can start searching?
drice561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha