lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2019, 03:14 PM   #1
djo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Recommendations for Lift Kit

I wanted larger tires for my Yamaha Drive but didn't want to do a lift. So I purchased a set of 12" BLACKJACK GLOSS BLACK GOLF CART WHEELS AND 215/50-12" COMFORT RIDE TIRES from Golf Cart Tire Supply. Their site states that those tires will fit without a lift. Quick delivery and they look great installed.

Problem... They do fit, as long as you drive in a straight line. Turn the wheel hard and the front tires rub bad. I tried sanding down the plastic underneath as far as I could without breaking through. It's a little better, but still no good. I just called Golf Cart Tire Supply to let them know there is a problem and was told their eBay person will get back to me. (They had a better price on eBay.)

I really don't want to buy a lift kit, but depending on what they tell me, I may have to if I want the larger tires.

It looks like these are my options.....

3" YAMAHA DRIVE (G29) RHOX DROP SPINDLE GOLF CART LIFT KIT

JAKES 3" YAMAHA DRIVE/ G29 GOLF CART DROP SPINDLE LIFT KIT

STEELENG 4" BLOCK LIFT KIT FOR YAMAHA DRIVE / G29

YDR 2" LIFT KIT #GCA-JC150-00-00 by Yamaha

Are there any reason to select or avoid any of these?
djo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
djo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Recommendations for Lift Kit

Update:

Golf Cart Tire Supply states...
"My guess is that if you replaced the springs in your cart, that would stiffen it back up a little bit, like it was when it was brand new, and wouldn't allow for it to rub on your really sharp turns."

I'm skeptical that new shocks/springs would lift it enough for clearance. The tires rub when close to full lock even with the cart not moving and nobody in it.

What am I missing?

Before
before.jpg

After
After.jpg
Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just go 3” lift, it will look awesome. Your cart looks great as is. The lift will make it look even better. Would love to see a pic after lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If you didnt want to lift it to begin with, I am assuming it was because you didnt want to sacrifice ride quality, turning radius, etc. Or possibly because you just dont want to climb in and out (can't blame you there...) I would go with the 2" Yamaha. That way you know you're getting something approved by the OEM so it's good quality and doesnt sacrificd anything. That will give you the clearance you need without lifting it too much that it becomes a burden.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #5
djo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you didnt want to lift it to begin with, I am assuming it was because you didnt want to sacrifice ride quality, turning radius, etc. Or possibly because you just dont want to climb in and out (can't blame you there...) I would go with the 2" Yamaha. That way you know you're getting something approved by the OEM so it's good quality and doesnt sacrificd anything. That will give you the clearance you need without lifting it too much that it becomes a burden.
Thanks, that is the reason and that is the one I'm leaning towards. I love the ride quality, it's way better than other brands. Also, I don't want it to look like I'm going 4-wheeling-I've got a vehicle for that.

I picked the wheels and tires that I did because the seller's site states that they would fit without the lift. After telling them of the problem I was having, their solution is for me "replace my springs". I have my doubts that is the solution.

What is the factory clearance from the frame to the ground? I'll measure and find out if I have any sag, as they claim.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha