lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
johno1au
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 YDRE yellow sticker read end noisy rattle fix

I read a lot about rear end noise on these put down to the grommet it or loose axle covers. Checking both these and seeing they were fine I decided to push deeper and remove the transaxle and pull apart. Actually not much to it. After opening it up and it looked disappointingly like everything was good as gold. So where did this awful noise come from when accelerating the faster I got, like a loud constant rattle. Ready to put it back together my father in law popped over and had a look. He grabbed the input shaft gear and the gear next to and said your bearings have to much play(you could move the bearings up and down and they weren’t stiff like they should be) $20 of new bearings (4 in total) and a mechanic mate who pressed them for me and the transaxle purrs like it should. Only the 2 small gears need the bearings, these do the most work and rotations but it is easy to check the others if you wish. Also you don’t need the manual as you don’t need to remove the braking system just remember where the longer bolts on the transaxle go. Word of warning though, with the gears be very carefully not to drop or mark the gears. We dropped one gear and although it’s very hard to see a tiny minuscule bruise can make a god awful sound when put back together. A dremel with the right attachment sorted it but it is unwanted time wasting if you can avoid it. Just place them carefully on a old towel. Hopefully this info can help someone who was at a loss like I was.

Cheers
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha