lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Battery meter through reducer?

Just wired up a 48-12v reducer to run headlights and LEDs through. I wired the 12V to my ignition switch so reducer will only be Hot when key switch is on.
I also have my battery volt meter wired through the key switch for Same reason. I’m starting to think that my battery meter isn’t reading correctly now. It will now have a constant feed from the inverter coming through the ignition circuit when key is on... anyone have issues with that or know of a solution?
davjohn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery meter through reducer?

Typically the reducer uses a single 12v + connection from the key switch to turn the step-down reducer on. This should have no effect on the meter connected to the same ignition terminal
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The reason i ask, i have the reducer 12V + and the meter spliced in same spot on ignition wire.... traditionally when i turned key off the battery meter would immediately shut off.... since hooking up reducer, the meter stays illuminated for 10-15 seconds slowly dimming once key is off and removed from ignition... is that some sort of capacitor flow draining out during key removal from the reducer?
Old 11-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
davjohn28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I ended up just wiring the battery meter to constant as i like the idea of being able to see it on at anytime... however i did notice something else. Once i turn off cart roughly 15-20 seconds later i hear solenoid click twice... is that normal reduce to discharge and do that? I don’t want to overwork cart for no reason. When i ordered my auxiliary LEDs i ordered a wiring kit with inline fuse, switch, and inline relay. Is it possible the relay is affecting the flow somehow? Currently have a cheapo $30 reducer from Amazon. Any recommendations on if the apparent discharging is normal or not?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha