lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #1
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Charger Question

This is a charger I received with my project Yamaha. Hoping someone has some experience with the charger and can confirm it is automatic and safe to leave on charge unattended. So far I have been reluctant to leave it on unattended out of fear it might damage the batteries or cause some other problem. Any suggestions on use and or testing are appreciated. It seems to be functioning and charging but I have not left it on for more than a couple hours at a time. Hopefully picture is upright. First try had it tilted even though it shows correctly in my folder. Crap picture is still tilted!!! Sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charger.jpg (92.5 KB, 0 views)
jamoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Charger Question

I’ve had a few of those. They are ok. They are (supposed to be) automatic but they are not really serviceable. Check your pack voltage as it charges and make sure it’s shutting off properly. I threw one away last week. Made by Schauer I believe.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Charger Question

I've seen those pretend they were flamethrowers. I wouldnt feel too safe.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

By flamethrower I assume you mean the charger itself shot out sparks/flames? These carts were maintenance carts at a local apartment complex. From what I have seen, that is a bit of a misnomer as the carts appeared to have received no maintenance. Charger looks like it had a rough life as well but does appear to be working ok. I have seen nothing so far to really concern me. I am just overly cautious and don't want to blow up my abused batteries or burn down my garage. At what pack voltage should the charger shut off or switch modes??
Old 12-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Yes to "shoots out sparks/flames".

I dont know if that chargers specs are listed anywhere. But 58v is bare minimum for fully charging trojan batteries, others are sometimes higher. Voltages as high as 66v can be normal near the end of the charge cycle. You would have to babysit it to get accurate numbers (unless you have a voltmeter that can "remember" highest voltage seen).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
jamoore
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks, That gives me some good info to work with
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha